Forums

Creaking leather seats

Creaking leather seats

I have an August 2017 Model S. Loving driving the car. Although in the last 3 weeks I have started to notice the drivers seat back is starting to make a leather rubbing creak or squeak when accelerating. So in other words when my back is pushed towards the seat I hear a leather creaking noise. Has anyone else experienced this? At first I thought I was being over particular but now it seems to be annoying.

ghost.ct.us | 2018年1月19日

I have the same issue, and it’s on my list to address at my first service (‘15 CPO S85D). Others have reported this as well. In my case the seat leather is rubbing against the center console, especially when accelerating or pushing back against the seat. I believe the service center puts a lubricant on the leather to reduce friction.

donaldmeacham1 | 2018年1月19日

I get the creaking sound when the leather of the side bolster rubs against the center console. a slight adjustment in the seat usually stops it.

marnold | 2018年1月19日

I had the same issue. In searching the forums, it's a pretty common problem. Also very easily solved with a small application of Krytox lubricant (available on Amazon). Seems like a design flaw to me, but the Krytox does fix it immediately. I applied it 6+ months ago and it is still OK today.

ST70 | 2018年1月19日

"Seems like a design flaw to me" - yes it is...only way is some lube

Bighorn | 2018年1月20日

So I guess god messed up as well.

Captain_Zap | 2018年1月20日

I thought that all good leather creaked. According to these reports, my Western saddle must have been manufacturing disaster.

Silver2K | 2018年1月20日

There is a lubricant that service puts on the bolster near console to stop the leather creaking noise when rubbing. If the whole chair is creaking, Tesla will replace it. I had a creaking issue in the frame of my seats and Pitt replaced them.

BarryQ | 2018年1月21日

Hey - we're Tesla owners. We're cheap! Isn't there a cheaper alternative to Krytox lubricant?

adspguy | 2018年1月23日

just ask a service center to do this service bulletin: sb-12-15-004

reed_lewis | 2018年1月23日

@adspguy - What does this bulletin describe? I also have the creaking seat as it is rubbing against the center console.

Scoopok | 2018年1月23日

I use mink oil every 6 months. Had the same issue with other autos in the past.

NOT AN ICE | 2018年1月23日

Krytox?.. just plain old dubin, .99 cents - I put it on 1x a year, the tube will last longer than the car.

California85D | 2019年6月7日

I am having this issue in my '15 S85D. Having a ranger come look at it next week will see what they can do. Only problem in almost 4 years of ownership is the seat rubbing the center console but it's bugging me more and more...

diamonds2 | 2019年6月8日

California85D: This week the Las Vegas SC gave a 2015 P85D loaner. It had the exact issue that you are describing. It was annoying.

DanFoster1 | 2019年6月9日

OMG people, just buy a pack of Lexol leather wipes and rub between the seats and the center console!

Sefar | 2019年6月17日

I was in service recently for the airbag recall and I mentioned the seat creaking- they never told me about a service bulletin. They fixed it, and no more creaking.

Scorpyo | 2019年6月18日

Good to know, I have the same airbag recall and my driver's seat also rubs against the center console. I'll make sure to mention that when i get it serviced.

Sefar | 2019年6月21日

I was glad to see it was fixable- I thought I was just getting fatter. I threw out my scale as well for misleading me.