Forums

$3500 for just the front next gen seats?

$3500 for just the front next gen seats?

I ordered P85D in the last week of Dec and is scheduled to be delivered by end of Feb. I got a call last week from the company notifying me of the change in the rear next gen seats. Basically, I need to choose between full folding rear leather seats vs 70% folding rear next gen seats. Front would be next gen and no change in the price $3500.

My preference is to have full folding rear seats. Wondering if the front two next gen seats are worth $3500. Appreciate your comments.

rmg007 | 2015年1月26日

volkerize

nosken | 2015年1月26日

Look on Page 2 of the thread Near the bottom---There is less than 3° difference in the Next Gen seats.

SoCal Buzz | 2015年1月26日

Nice graphic @nosken! NextGen looks flat enough to me. But I might avoid because of headrest height personally. They reduce visibility.

Red Sage ca us | 2015年1月26日

"Who the [HECK] looks out the back?" -- Pinanfarina

nosken | 2015年1月26日

My understanding is, and I could be wrong, all rear seats will have the same headrests regardless.

@Red Sage reminded me of Gumball Rally

Franco: And now my friend, the first-a rule of Italian driving.
[Franco rips off his rear-view mirror and throws it out of the car]
Franco: What's-a behind me is not important.

Anthony J. Parisio | 2015年1月26日

The majority of the expense of the next-generation interior is the front seats. The rear seats cost about the same to make. I prefer seats fold down flat. Also, being Italian the first thing you do when you get a new car is throw away the mirrors.

Brian H | 2015年1月27日

See the Italian driving lesson, session #1? In a convertible, the instructor yanks off the rearview mirror and tosses it over the trunk. "What's behind you doesn't matter."

Anthony J. Parisio | 2015年1月27日

Brian H,
Yup you got it!

teslamonterey | 2015年1月27日

How often do you have two people in the back? Fold them down and leave them down. It will keep the sun off the leather and the rear view obstruction is gone.

Red Sage ca us | 2015年1月27日

mark: Ha! That is precisely what I recommend to people who have the Fiat 500e or Chevrolet Spark EV! If I owned them, they would be driven as if they were two-seaters.

;-)