Forums

Tesla powerwall with SMA Inverter

Tesla powerwall with SMA Inverter

HELLO. I have the powerwall installed with sunny boy 5000tl-us and 18 plates 250 watt. The problem I had was that the power went off the grid for 15 hours and the tesla behaved in the following way to 98% and there kept switching the sma inverter on and off. I never reached 100% even when there was sun. I would like to know if that is normal or there is a problem. It has version 1.15.0. Thanks for the help you can provide.

jose.torres59 | 2018年5月9日

Powerwall 2 with SMA sunny boy 500tl-us grid tie problem

seamus | 2018年11月14日

I know this is an old post, but I have two powerwalls recently installed, and they haven't reached 100% charge yet. Basically only reaching 98% (though I think once it said 99%). I'm waiting a while for the system to fully update etc. before asking questions. https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#charging discusses the low and high end of charge states with these batteries, which might explain this. However, more to your point is this: the installer mentioned that if you have a power outage, and the powerwalls are full and you're still making more via solar, then the tesla system will toggle the inverter on/off to avoid overproducing electricity. Basically, you cannot make more than you can use, so you have to throw away production because it has no where to go.