Forums

Idea/Suggestion for Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk

Idea/Suggestion for Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk

My name is Bruce Lim and I am currently a high school student in Memphis, Tennessee. I have originally tried sending my suggestion/idea and sketches to Mr. Elon Musk/Tesla through mail and also through email at Press@tesla.com, but have received no reply. Is there a specific email address or location where we can suggest ideas directly and privately? Will there also be a reply if the email has been received? I know that it would be difficult to keep track of all incoming information, but thank you so much for your help!

Maxxer | 2018年8月31日
Xerogas | 2018年8月31日

@albertyu345: I’d try his twitter account @elonmusk

albertyu345 | 2018年9月1日

I know he/Tesla is extremely busy and have also tried Twitter to @elonmusk and @Tesla as well as email to Elon.musk@tesla.com, but still no response. Anyways, thanks for the help and I will continue to wait. If anyone knows of another way to successfully contact/ send a message to Tesla/Mr. Elon Musk, please comment. Thanks again!

TeslaTap.com | 2018年9月1日

Elon is likely getting hundreds if not thousands of emails a day. He's a busy guy, so it's not too likely he's able to read your email or take the time to get back to you. Still there is always a small chance it gets to him and he'll respond.

Not sure what your idea is, but we see a lot of impractical ideas on the forums, from solar car roofs (not cost effective) to strange perpetual motion type ideas like wind generators on a car, which are not possible. Anyway, hopefully your idea is smart and beyond common areas that those without any science background seem to suggest regularly.

Xerogas | 2018年9月1日

@albertyu345: win your local science fair. That’s the kind of story that usually gets attention.

Ross1 | 2018年9月1日

do you wear a dress?

Bluewillow2 | 2019年9月12日

September 13 2019
Elon
I wonder if Tesla could be adapted to joystick steering? I was paralyzed by a stroke on my left side in 2010 so can’t grip a steering wheel with my left hand. This is pretty much all that prevents me from buying a Tesla if and when I return to Canada.
Brian Elkey
Cheonan, South Korea

Bluewillow2 | 2019年9月12日

Sept 13 2019 Re: Joystick steering
Elon
Another thought as to joystick steering is that the cars would not have to be adapted to driving on the right or left side of the road. For British or Japanese drivers there would not have to be a different model with steering wheel on right side. But it might be more difficult to steer for predominantly right handed people who are about 90% of the population as they would have to steer with their left hand. Left handed people would probably love it.
Americans who rent a car in left side driving countries might find it doubly disorienting sitting on the right side to drive and using left hand to steer. However they may not have to sit on the right side of the car but just drive on the left side of the road.
Brian Elkey
Cheonan, South Korea

donna | 2019年10月30日

Would it be possible to use a system like cad. does to make sure drivers are paying attention. Cabin facing camera. The system Tesla uses , pressure on steering wheel is a pain because normal people do not hold it as tight as needed to keep it happy. This results in drivers eather not using lane or rigging the steering wheel to think they are griping it.

donna | 2019年10月30日

Would it be possible to use a system like cad. does to make sure drivers are paying attention. Cabin facing camera. The system Tesla uses , pressure on steering wheel is a pain because normal people do not hold it as tight as needed to keep it happy. This results in drivers eather not using lane or rigging the steering wheel to think they are griping it.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年10月30日

@donna - You may not be clear about holding the steering wheel. The AP system doesn't detect tightness of your hand on the wheel but monitors a slight resistance to the wheel turning. It really shouldn't be any pain. I find it less effort than actually steering.

I agree the Cadillac system is impressive, but Tesla would need to add more inside cameras, including an infrared camera, and come up with some fairly complex software to duplicate such a system. It's also not clear if the camera system works for all owners (i.e wearing mirrored glasses may confuse it). Ultimately, we all want FSD, where you don't have to pay any attention.

nukequazar | 2019年10月30日

@donna, like TT said, it's turning resistance or torque on the wheel not squeezing pressure. I also didn't understand that on my first AP drive and I got locked out. So when it nags you for hands on the wheel, notice it says, "Apply light force to steering wheel." Force, as in turning force, no need to squeeze the grip. Also, FYI, using any of the steering wheel controls like changing volume with the scroll whee, or any action with the autopilot stick, shows that you're alert and takes care of the nag. So sometimes I change audio volume one notch instead of torquing the wheel.

NKYTA | 2019年10月30日

“ | October 30, 2019
@donna, like TT said, it's turning resistance or torque on the wheel not squeezing pressure. I also didn't understand that on my first AP drive and I got locked out.”

Yeah, I didn’t have your problem the the first time I drove a lessor car (loaner) with AP, before you have presumed to have gotten your car.

It worked really well on Hwy 1 south of Capistrano in stop and go, hands free.

Whatever @nuke.

nukequazar | 2019年10月30日

What @NKYTA? Just trying your best for crown of biggest jerk on this forum? You’re doing great at that! Keep it up!

nukequazar | 2019年10月30日

You want the full story? I had a terrible delivery experience wherein a kid who didn’t look like he could have a driver license yet stood outside my window in the parking lot and showed me a few things before wishing me luck and sending me on my way. So I didn’t realize it was torque force not pressure on the wheel. One of the many things that disappointed me with me first Tesla experience. I know you old timers were treated like royalty but understand we’re treated more like Starbucks customers nowadays.

jimglas | 2019年10月31日

so sell your car and buy a kia. problem solved.

NKYTA | 2019年10月31日

Yep, sell your car Nuke.

For those not following, this is Nuke:

I own a Tesla.
I like this one thing about my Tesla.
Here are the 3,000 ways Tesla sucks.
I'd really like to pay $199k for a Taycan, because...Porsche...but I'd rather hang around on this forum and spew nonsense.

Troll, meet definition.

jimglas | 2019年10月31日

Nice summary NKYTA

andy.connor.e | 2019年10月31日

Sounds like @howard

nukequazar | 2019年10月31日

Jerk, meet jerk. I was helpful. You guys are jerks.

NKYTA | 2019年10月31日

There's a first time for everything.

nukequazar | 2019年10月31日

Ok, :D

efogliada | 2019年11月1日

Models 3 and Y definitely need a heating steering wheel in northern climes like northern U.S. states, Canada and most of Europe. All other electric vehicles come with because it dramatically reduces the need for cabin heating.
Pre-heating cabin is not the same thing whatsoever. Anyone that has to live through 3-4 months of temps around 0-5 degrees F knows this. PLEASE find a solution to adding heat to the Vegan covered steering wheels.

blue adept | 2019年11月1日

@Bluewillow2

Not to point out the obvious, but don't you have a 'right' hand?

I understand that your 'left' side suffered a stroke but, correct me if I'm wrong, that doesn't affect the 'right' side of your body, right?