Forums

I never received credit for a referral.

I never received credit for a referral.

My friend bought a Model S and was assured on Delivery (9/15/18) that I would get credit for the referral. Has anyone had a similar experience? Who did you contact?

Cyphr1s | 2018年10月26日

Contact your local service center and have them look into it. If you didnt get credit then most likely they did not either.

EVRider | 2018年10月26日

Your My Tesla account should have shown the referral as soon as your friend ordered the car. If you didn’t see that, chances are the referral wasn’t used or wasn’t applied correctly.

roger.klurfeld | 2018年10月26日

When a friend ordered a Model 3, the Tesla rep asked her whether someone referred her. She told them my name only; she did not know my referral code. In a week or so it showed up on my Tesla account. So certainly follow up on this.

staze | 2018年10月26日

Open your tesla app and click the glowing treasure chest. That is another location where your referrals are tracked. Do you have anything in writing?

roger.klurfeld | 2018年10月26日

For the last couple of weeks I've gotten the error Unable to load the Loot Box. Please try again later. I'm using Android Tesla app 3.6.1-353.

marinergreg | 2018年10月26日

Hey thanks for the tips! I finally got a hold of my friends sales rep. I guess my friend changed his purchase and the referral didn't transfer with it. So she says don't worry I'm always looking for referral codes in fact I've got a customer as we speak. So I check the loot box later and.....Bam! Selected my signature charger and it should soon be on its way. Life is good.......I'll never get tired of or bored with this car.

Itrnhds | 2018年10月26日

can anyone clarify something for me, will I qualify for a HPWC with 1 referral or do I need 5 referrals?

marinergreg | 2018年10月26日

It's one, just got credited with one referral tonight and went straight to my lot box and ordered one.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2018年10月26日

"Mr. Cryme? Due to a natural disaster, Superman had to redirect your namesake river. We're sorry for the inconvenience." -- Tesla

Tesla2018 | 2018年10月27日

I referred someone a few weeks ago and they forgot to give them my code but they got the car the day after ordering. Are they screwed out of the supercharging credit and am I going to loose out on the referral since they already have had the car for a week?

jjgunn | 2018年10月27日

WTF.....why isn't my Loot Box working?? Hasn't worked for a couple weeks now.

GHammer | 2018年10月27日

There have been several reports of Loot Box not working on certain android phones. It's not working on mine or my wifes Samsung S7. I downloaded the app to an old S4 and was able to get into the Loot Box

dlebel777 | 2019年5月28日

I placed an order through a federal code link and somehow it didn't take. I just noticed the day after they stopped offering 5000 miles of charging and now they are saying "too bad.". I'm thinking of cancelling the order all together. It's clear they have a problem with their referral codes.bevause others have had issues, so they shouldn't have such an issue with honoring the code rather than lose me as a customer, but I guess that's their choice.

douglas_peale | 2019年5月28日

Really? Your getting that bent out of shape for not getting 5000 miles charge? If you do the math, it is not worth a whole lot. I recently started with 95% charge, drove 100 miles and charged to 95% (needed the 95% to get the rest of the way home. Got home with the predicted 11% charge left). I was charged $9.80 for that. At that rate that 5000 miles is worth $490. That is a rather small percentage of the price of the car.
On another note I used a referral when I bought my car (this was when the offering was only 1000 miles). It did not go through, and I did not get my 1000 miles. I and the person I used for the referral have been attempting to get this rectified, but without any success so far.

ikabir | 2019年8月14日

I didn't receive my referral miles even after contacting and talking to the lady who entered the information for my friend who bought the car. I understand its not worth a lot of "money", however, this is something they offer and I would think they should stand by their promise.
Its been at least 6 months.

ikabir | 2019年8月14日

I didn't receive my referral miles even after contacting and talking to the lady who entered the information for my friend who bought the car. I understand its not worth a lot of "money", however, this is something they offer and I would think they should stand by their promise.
Its been at least 6 months.

vmulla | 2019年8月14日

Not worth the phone time to me, but I can understand your stance.

code4ok | 2019年8月14日

My wife referred me back in December 2018 and I am still trying to get my additional 3 months of free supercharging. She had received an e mail which we provided at the time of purchase that would give the new buyer (me) an additional 3 months (9 months total). I was told that once the 6 months was up (July 2019) it would "kick" in, No such luck. I have almost 70 pages of correspondences with Tesla all confirming that it would happen. How much is 3 months of supercharging worth? In my case maybe $50, but its the principal. I am now corresponding with someone at Tesla who hopefully will make it happen. It seems like many others in in the same situation. I have disputed the supercharging fees so far with my credit card company and I hope that this will wake them up. Guess I have time on my hands....

mvppaul | 2020年2月25日

So ... no one has really answered the question here: WHO do you reach out to when you haven't gotten your referral credit?

teslamazing | 2020年2月25日

Do you live in Ohio or Virginia?

Program and awards are conditional on and subject to local laws and regulations. Unfortunately, Ohio and Virginia residents are not eligible for referral program awards.