Forums

0-60mph timing measurement

0-60mph timing measurement

Just added a new feature to the Stats app: you can now measure the 0-60mph time accurately using this app. Here is a screenshot:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/14sqgAr-CK9jjxCYVGLHNLg5v_Cw3sRN7/view?u...

Link to the app:
https://appsto.re/i6df7y9

Mike UpNorth | 2018年11月29日

That looks awesome. Except not for android :(

StatsApp | 2018年11月29日

Sorry, I’m an independent iOS developer.

TAC | 2018年11月29日

Great thanks for doing this!.
I am sure many like I am interested in the LEMUR mid range 0-60 stats.
Anyone going to try this now that the mid ranges are trickling in?

TAC | 2018年11月29日

Any data on how fast the accelerometer trigger response is? Is the speed sat tracked or all via accelerometer? Curious how the tech works and what parts of the hardware you are implementing. Any accuracy stats / margin of error?

johnw | 2018年11月30日

Cool! Can't wait to try it out.

gmr6415 | 2018年11月30日

@OP, how does that app interface with the car in order to access the data? Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see that in the description.

highwater | 2018年11月30日

I bought the app but I can't make sense of the 0-60 results.Speed vs.time and the 6mph?

rdavis | 2018年11月30日

From your graph, it appears that the 30-60 time is less than 1 sec...which I'm pretty sure is not accurate. The Tesla S P85 30-60 time is just under 2.5 seconds. I can hand time my Model 3 and it's in the same ball park of 2-2.5 seconds.

How does your app get it's data ?

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@TAC I have a model S and I'm waiting for my Mid-Range Model 3 to be delivered. I added this feature because I wanted to compare the MR with my model S.
I hope I get it before the end of the year. Doesn't look like many in California (that's where I am) have taken delivery yet.

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@gmr6415 The app algorithmically fuss the gps and accelerometer data from iPhone. Originally, I used the API to get the data from the car, but the lag and quantization makes the measurement inaccurate. I use a Kalman filter to increase the accuracy.

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@rdavis Don't rely on the example data in the screenshot that I shared. I didn't step on the accelerometer all the way

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@highwater The vertical axis in the graph is speed and the horizontal axis is time.
The app measures the time that it takes to go from 0 to 60 mph and displays it at the bottom.
Makes sure that you step on the pedal only after you hear "Go" from the app (un-mute the speaker)
you can always tap on support in the app if you have questions about the app.

rpc_in_va | 2018年11月30日

Is the operation of the app affected by whether Bluetooth is on or not? I’d have BT enabled whenever I’m in the car, but have it turned off to preserve battery (iPhone 8 — the Tesla app is a bit of a battery hog, probably because I’m always in BT range when at home).

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@rpc_in_va The app does not use Bluetooth, but if you are measuring 0-60 using the app, please make sure that iPhone's speaker is selected as the output device and not the car speakers because it may add a delay in hearing the "go" command from the app.

johnw | 2018年11月30日

Didn't work for me. I tried it several times, but it was giving me results like 0-40 in 8 seconds when I went past 60. One run said 0-55 in 10 seconds when I was well over 80.

I separately shot a video of my screen 0-60 and measured with software. 3 runs: 3.5, 3.5, 3.48

It's probably because I have an old iPhone 6.

StatsApp | 2018年11月30日

@johnw I think the start time is wrong. Please contact me by tapping on support in the app (or apps@maadotaa.com) and I'll make sure that it works for you.
iPhone 6 should be ok.

StatsApp | 2018年12月2日

I just changed the app to detect the start time automatically. If you want to beta test it, tap on support in the app and let me know.

Ross1 | 2018年12月2日

I asked this years ago, but what is the impediment to the acc time showing on the dash from the Tesla software? After all, it is important to Tesla to broadast acceleration times, but there is no INBUILT way of recording them.

StatsApp | 2018年12月4日

@Ross1 I think by "acc time" you are referring to the 0-60 time. If so, then, of course, Tesla could have included this measurement in the dash or in the center console.

But, it seems like Tesla is busy with more fundamental issues at the moment.

ODWms | 2018年12月4日

I think that’d be an excellent idea. As it is, owners are having to purchase equipment, or at the least apps for their phones to measure and document these metrics.

StatsApp | 2018年12月4日

@ODWms Teslatap.com has created a web page for people to make suggestions for new features and other people can vote on it. You may want to create one for a built-in 0-60 measurement feature in the car.

In the meantime "Stats for Tesla" app provides the feature along with a long list of other unique features that you may find useful (see the list of features in the App Store -- link in the original post)

StatsApp | 2018年12月4日

@ODWms Teslatap.com has created a web page for people to make suggestions for new features and other people can vote on it. You may want to create one for a built-in 0-60 measurement feature in the car.

In the meantime "Stats for Tesla" app provides the feature along with a long list of other unique features that you may find useful (see the list of features in the App Store -- link in the original post)