Forums

Tint for Model 3 in Phoenix, Az.

Tint for Model 3 in Phoenix, Az.

Anyone have a tint place that they used and really liked? Also any general tips? Price ranges are all over the board for the places I have checked.

72echo | 2019年2月13日

I've taken my MS, MX and 3 to Cactus Tint 480 248-8966 in the Scottsdale Airpark with excellent results for tint and clear bra. For a M3 if you want high end ceramic tint expect to pay about $800 or so. The challenged with the M3 is the large back glass that needs to be tinted. Every time I've gone there I see at least 3-4 Teslas in their shop.

rodrakejr | 2019年2月13日

I had mine done at Aladdins Window Tinting in Peoria. Suntek CIR on front sides (30%), rear sides and back (20%), windshield and sunroof (70%) for $900. Single piece for the back glass (no seams) and really nice work on the side glass edges.

Aladdins Window Tinting
9192 W. Cactus Rd. Ste. D
Peoria, AZ 85381
623-388-3110 (office)
623-271-0728 (cell)
www.aladdinswindowtinting.com

Bighorn | 2019年2月13日

I didn’t see the need for the back window. Hate the distortion tint causes with the defroster wires. $200 in Santa Barbara for ceramic.

Bighorn | 2019年2月13日

Actually, it was $250 and I’ve heard that price in San Diego as well.

Icepucks | 2019年2月13日

$289 in South Florida for Lluminar Ceramic,

cmdo | 2019年2月13日

I used Bills Custom in Chandler, AZ -- did Suntek CXP 18% for sides and back window. He only did the rear halfway up back window. Paid $530. The tint looks great on the sides, but I am not a fan of back window.
Also I recommend you get the sunshade off the store for roof panel - as that helps a lot with the glare in the Phx sun.

jamespompi | 2019年2月13日

These $500+ numbers are insane. I had Llumar 5% ceramic all the way around with 1 large piece for back glass done for $250. The shop I went to has a precut printer and does all the cars for the local BMW dealer, he was doing a new i8 before mine.
Sorry OP, im in FL so not really helping much aside from telling you to shop around.

Frank99 | 2019年2月13日

As a Phoenix resident who drove my car through last summer, I'll say that there's absolutely no need for the sunshade - Tesla did a great job tinting the roof. Unless, of course, you prefer the inside of your car to be absolutely dark...

-TheJohn- | 2019年2月13日

I found no need for tinting here in Tucson either. Sure it gets hot but a few button pushes on ones phone and the problem is fixed in a few minutes. Sub 300 Watt/miles did not exist in said summer admittedly but..

DebWAZ | 2019年2月13日

I drove my new Tesla straight to Cactus Tint last week upon delivery. The clear bra and full Tint they did is an incredible job. Then had a ceramic coating applied to the paint. It looks amazing.