Forums

Windows in BOTH of our M3's rolling down on their own.

Windows in BOTH of our M3's rolling down on their own.

This just started happening on BOTH (2) of our M3's. We leave the car and when we come back the passenger front or back window is rolled all the way down. This just started happening to both cars. We have the latest software version and I'm wondering if that's what caused it. As soon as the update was installed, we started having this issue on both cars. Major software glitch!!!

Does anyone have a fix for this, even if temporary?

thomas.trigg | 2019年2月25日

I've had my M3 windows roll down about two inches, usually just one or two windows at a time. I assume it's a software glitch.

garrickk | 2019年2月25日

I’ve had my 3 for a few months, and it happened to me since I got my car, even after updates.

I recently took my car to SF Tesla dealer to have the left control stick swapped, and to ask them about this. FIrst, they said this was a known bug and we had to wait on new firmware for the window controller. But then, when I picked up my car, they said they replaced the window controller in the driver’s door. It seems to be better so far....

billlake2000 | 2019年2月25日

Russian hackers. They will soon contact you and tell you if you promise to vote for Bernie, they will fix your window.

Kenyakid | 2019年2月26日

Becoming discouraged that Tesla will ever fix this. There have been so many instances reported in other threads, yet no fix. It has happened to me several times, starting in Nov. after delivery, and most recently last week. Twice I reported it to Tesla and twice they "reinitialized" the computers that control windows. Giving rain, snow, and thieves random access to the car, with no fix....

AWDTesla | 2019年2月26日

Since the ranger reset something with mine, they haven't done it. Now that I've written this, I will go out to my car after work and find the windows down. lol

peter | 2019年12月7日

It always seems to happen in rain - 4 times in 2 weeks ownership - once at a supercharger but customer services have cancelled my appointment without asking me and said they need more detail - Doh! Why did I buy an unsupported car.

Scrannel | 2019年12月7日

Have you tried "recalibrating" the windows?

RonaldA | 2019年12月13日

Water can get in the controller and cause this. Do not power wash.

FISHEV | 2019年12月13日

"It always seems to happen in rain - 4 times in 2 weeks ownership - once at a supercharger but customer services have cancelled my appointment without asking me and said they need more detail - Doh! "

I wonder if it has something to do with the rain? Tesla did add that 'Window down" option on the app, is this misbehaving?

"Why did I buy an unsupported car."

It does feel that way. Makes me nervous on what happens when warranty runs out. The Tesla service center is always packed with cars being fixed.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年12月13日

"Makes me nervous on what happens when warranty runs out."

There is nothing to be nervous about, if you want there will always be places (Tesla possibly) that will offer extended warranty policies and or service.

FISHEV | 2019年12月13日

"If you want there will always be places (Tesla possibly) that will offer extended warranty policies and or service."

Tesla originally did offer an extended warranty but stopped doing it right before Model 3 came out. A disturbing lack of faith.