Forums

Model 3 Wiper Blade Replacements

Model 3 Wiper Blade Replacements

Has anyone else found it difficult to find replacement wiper blades for their Model 3? Personally I have found very little information online about what exact makes and models of wiper blades fit the Model 3. I tried the Bosch Icon 19OE and 26OE and they did not fit. The connecting adapter simply does not slide in the socket. Tesla support said they can send someone over to change them, which is nice, but I can and want to do it myself. Anyone else have this struggle and/or have exact information on what wiper blades to buy and where to buy them?

Seanderson | 2019年2月23日

Already replacing your blades? Are you in Vancouver or Seattle?

Lester Green | 2019年2月23日

In Chicago. Wipers almost a year old and a little streaky.

lbowroom | 2019年2月23日

There is a thread on a different forum that describes how to modify the adapter on the Bosch icon. Involves snapping a piece of it off with pliers. Otherwise OEM is your only option

I’ve seen that post, but I find it unreasonable that I have to cut plastic to make wipers fit. I would buy OEM wipers, but I don’t see that Tesla sells them. My only option is a service appointment. It works, but IMO I should be able to order some wipers and put them in at my leisure.

Has no one on this forum replaced their Model 3 wiper blades?

ST70 | 2019年2月23日

Tesla always replaced mine for free on my S....haven't taken the 3 in yet

lbowroom | 2019年2月23日

Let me recap what we know. The only aftermarket wipers that fit are the icons but they require a modification that you find unreasonable.

Albert Lee | 2019年2月23日

Have not found a 3rd party wiper that can clear the Model 3’s washer jet assembly. It’s non-standard from what I can tell, so you’re stuck with OEM.

Modifying the clip is not a big deal - you already have the wipers. You may as well snap off the clip and give it a shot. The Icons are superior to the cheap OEMs... you’re not doing yourself any favors by staying with the stock ones.

Lester Green | 2019年2月24日

I appreciate everyone that provided helpful responses. I agree it’s not difficult to modify a piece of plastic, but I believe that most people would agree that it’s unreasonable to have to cut an out of box wiper blade adapter to make it fit a 50k car. Plastic can break easily and now your out $20 of you make a mistake. Tesla should sell replacements or work with other manufacturers to make replacement blades available. It is a simple maintenance item and request. Also, as a stock holder I do not believe it’s cost effective to send a service technician free of charge to peoples houses to simply change a wiper blade. On most cars this is a 60 second job per blade. I was hoping this post would help other people when they google for “Model 3 wiper blades”, but alas this was a fail.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年2月24日

People have reported going to a TESLA SC and buying replacements, have you tried?

gmr6415 | 2019年2月24日

@Magic 8 Ball, that's what I've heard too, but that wouldn't be very convenient for people a long way away from a SC.

Has anyone taken the OEM blades off and looked for a manufacturer and/or blade model #. I'll do that later on today.

I talked to customer support via email and they could not give me any specific information on part numbers. They referred me to the mobile service center. I looked at the OEM blade, but I will look again.

Magic 8 Ball | 2019年2月24日

The model S blades are available from TESLA online, I suspect the Model 3 blades will be online soon.

lbowroom | 2019年2月24日

Tesla should sell them online, but don’t yet. Getting them through service in the meantime doesn’t seem as troublesome as you make it out to be. No OEM is obligated to work with aftermarket to provide specs for replacement parts. You’re also inflating the risk of losing $20 by breaking the clip during modification. Most people who can change their own wipers can handle this.

Magic 8 Ball, I see that now, thanks for the heads up. I bet you're right, but what's the over/under on the date?

gmr6415 | 2019年2月24日

I haven't had a lot of time to research this, but a little white paint relief finds the following:

Short Wiper (19"):
Made in Belgium
75929DtNF7530

https://ibb.co/3FZ5xj3

Long Wiper (26"):
Made in Belgium
75819CmFF7955

https://ibb.co/PWks1VX

In the little bit of digging I've done I'm finding PIAA may be making them, but they don't yet list one for the Model 3.

http://www.piaa.com/Shared/applications/2018-PIAA-Wiper-App-Guide-Master...

That's some great research gmr6415, thanks for your help. When looking at the PIAA website it appears their "A clip" adapter is close, but probably would need to be cut to work. It appears the wiper arm of the Model 3 might be "too custom" to fit any of their standard adapters.

striker.michael7 | 2019年5月27日

Found this after a failed attempt to attached Michelin Stealth wipers to my Model 3. Hope it helps! It appears there are two needed adapters to connect the wiper replacements to the Model 3 wiper arms.

https://www.cravenspeed.com/piaa-si-tech-wiper-blade-kit-for-tesla-model...

cnsf | 2019年5月27日

Best bet is to get them from Tesla service. I replaced mine after 9 months and also got a free "once over."

lbowroom | 2019年5月28日

Cnsf- well yeah, the OEM ones from the service center work, that's pretty obvious. Thanks.

borodinj | 2019年9月18日

Got mine replaced today at my local SC. $69!!! These must be some magical wiper blades.

Bighorn | 2019年9月18日

Bosch wipers from Autozone for the S were over $60

rxlawdude | 2019年9月18日

@amusee, spam FLAGGED.

zx6rman | 2019年9月18日

Rain X wipers from Amazon work perfect. Install no problem. I went a little smaller than stock, 24” and 18”, and couldn’t be happier with the auto wipers. I don’t even think about them anymore. They just work perfectly in the background. SC and Bosch?? Rain X FTW ;)

bruce.x | 2019年12月4日

I just installed a pair of Trico Flex blades for $32 without modifications. There's a slight gap between the end of the wiper arm and the stop on the blade mount, but it fits snugly.
I also asked at Amazon about XTechnor blades: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V61HZ5K
4 confirmed buyers told me that they were a perfect fit for $28 and free delivery. Maybe next year.
There are at least 6-10 more discussions on wiper blades here.
Try googling "site:forums.tesla.com wiper blades" for more info.
It would be nice if Tesla would introduce a search box directly. It would save a whole lot of overlap.

T L | 2019年12月4日

Made an appointment with the SC and they sent a ranger. Cost about ~$70. Yikes.

LWH | 2019年12月6日

Stopped at a service center at 48k miles for wipers. Was going to just purchase them but they offered to put them on for me and plug the car in to check it out. No labor charges. Tesla Dedham rocks!

LWH | 2019年12月6日

BTW that was my first service visit.M3 DM

coleAK | 2019年12月6日

Wanted to change ours this fall. Called cLosest SS to try and get them to ship them to me since I am >2,200 miles away. They wouldn’t ship so I reached out to my mobile service guy. He is coming up next month and will bring me a set.

Tesla are going to have to figure out their parts department sooner rather than later. From everything I’m reading thought they are working on it.

FISHEV | 2019年12月6日

I put a new Tesla wiper on driver's side as the 6 month old wiper was leaving a line right at driver's line of site. Fixed it for a week and now the new wiper is doing the same thing and leaving a film on the windshield.

I'm going with these as replacements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucF3bXqXeuw

roger.klurfeld | 2019年12月9日

These fit perfectly and include the proper adapter for the Model 3. They are silicone blades, not rubber, so they last twice as long. https://www.cravenspeed.com/piaa-si-tech-wiper-blade-kit-for-2018-2019-t....
They are working great for me.

jebinc | 2019年12月9日

These “direct replacement” blades work puuuuuurfectly.
XTechnor Tesla Model 3 Windshield Wiper Blades, All-Season Original Equipment Replacement Wiper Strips for Tesla Model 3 2017 2018 2019 (Set of 2)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07V61HZ5K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_aOU7DbMEEC0XG

j3oehle | 2019年12月9日

BOSCH Aerotwin Front Windshield Wiper Blade PAIR 650/475mm 26 19 A102S
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013VDWXTI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_...

They appear to be the OE product and they came in a set of 26" and 19" for $38.50

syclone | 2019年12月21日

I replaced my the blades on my M3-RWD at the local SC. The cost was ~ $36.00 just for the blades, no installation. Installation took about 5 seconds per blade.

determination | 2020年1月18日

XTechnor Tesla Model 3 Windshield Wiper Blades FTW - fit perfect

jfaubl | 2020年1月24日

Just installed XTechnor. Works great and easy to install.

LostInTx | 2020年1月24日

As for the cost of having a Mobile Unit replace wipers - egad!

I made an appointment to get my tires rotated in late February - quoted $97.50. On a whim, I asked what they'd charge to also replace wiper blades onsite. Jumped from $97.50 to $166.80. That's a healthy jump, except I presume they'd be the exact ones originally installed. Weighing their offer.. hmm..

finman100 | 2020年1月24日

https://www.amazon.com/XTechnor-Windshield-All-Season-Equipment-Replacem...

I installed the Xtechnor's this past weekend. installed in 5 minutes, fit great and work just like OEM. I love when a plan comes together.

Dogrocket | 2020年1月27日

Here's what worked for me today... correct adapters and all!

Bosch 26PUV for the driver's side and 19PUV for the passenger's side. I purchased them at O'Riley's Auto Parts but any store that carries Bosch wiper blades should have them. They were $19.99 and $17.99 respectively.
As a 20-year auto technician, I've always been a fan of Bosch blades.

Dogrocket | 2020年1月27日

Forgot to mention... PUV is Bosch's line of "Pure Vision" Blades to go with their plethora of other styles.

TeslaYVR | 2020年1月27日

Where I live, it rains a lot. From the suggestion of another poster on this forum, I applied Rain-X on my windshield once a week, every week, for about 1 month. Now the windshield seems to have built up a good base coat of Rain-X. As a result I have never used my wipers in the "on" position, and probably cycled my wipers (by pressing the left stalk button) less than 100 times. Rain-X water repellent spray works great on my 3.

FISHEV | 2020年1月27日

"Bosch 26PUV for the driver's side and 19PUV for the passenger's side. I purchased them at O'Riley's Auto Parts but any store that carries Bosch wiper blades should have them. They were $19.99 and $17.99 respectively."

I'm going to try one of those for the driver's side. Tesla's leave a line right at my eye level. I got Michelin beam's which turned out to be what Tesla sells and it did the exact same thing.

Thanks.

Varricks | 2020年1月28日

Is the Tesla glass coated with something? I see it beading pretty well on its own, and Tesla doesn't want the glass treated.

syclone | 2020年1月28日

In case it wasn't seen earlier, If you have a Costco in your area, they will rotate your tires for ~$20.00 (you might have to supply jack pads). Also, you can buy OEM wiper blades at the SC for under $50.00 and install them yourself. It takes about 1 minute, including reading the instructions.