Forums

Navigation setting "Avoid highways"

Navigation setting "Avoid highways"

How can I choose my navigation setting to avoid highways?

rxlawdude | 2019年3月31日

You can set it only to avoid ferries and toll roads.

mikeng6274 | 2019年3月31日

I wish our map setting includes "Avoid highways "

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年3月31日

If I could Avoid Highways I'd be the happiest boy in the world.

If I could Avoid Highways I'd be the happiest boy in the world.

Damn it! Double tap!

mikeng6274 | 2019年3月31日

If enough people requesting to have additional setting "Avoid freeway" , I think Tesla will do something about it, right?

kevin_rf | 2019年3月31日

I take it you are coming from a Prius. That was one of the nav options on the Prius.

I personally would be happy with an avoid the Merritt in CT option. 95 has SC's on it, the Merritt, only one at the beginning.

mikeng6274 | 2019年3月31日

Your guessing is correct but I don't like using their map. I used to use my phone map when driving my Pruis plug-in or my Lexus GS. I still have my 2012 Prius plug-in and Lexus. I use Prius for within 10 miles round trip but I use my model 3 for longer 10 miles round trip. Tesla 3 is a tech car but not a luxury car. I enjoy driving it more than any other car I have.

kevin_rf | 2019年4月1日

Prius's are great cars. If I was still driving an ICE, it would be a Prius. Had an '02 and an '05. Way ahead of their time when they came out.

gballant4570 | 2019年4月1日

I suspect that Tesla's strategy for supercharger placement has targeted spots near highways, for obvious reasons. A setting in your navigation to avoid highways might prove problematic on road trips for charge location planning. However, I would also welcome that option - when I know the area, I sometimes make Navigation recalculate when I don't get on the highway...

mamafuzbot | 2019年4月1日

Would love that option! I love a scenic backroads drive. We can always figure out when to shoot back towards the highway if we need a charge along the way.

mikeng6274 | 2019年4月1日

Without setting of "Avoiid highways", I do mind it tries to take me back to highways when I try using the streets route because I know the highways traffic will be congested.

mikes | 2019年4月1日

What is a Highway? Are you talking Interstates? State Highway? County Highway?

csjude | 2019年4月1日

I second this.. can't believe they don't have this option!!

mikeng6274 | 2019年4月1日

Highways is the same as freeway or expressway or major road

smyszko | 2019年4月1日

I'd like to see this option too. The BMW I owned previously had it and I found it useful around cities for short trips where I don't want to get on the freeway.

TE51A | 2019年4月2日

I agree, sometimes I need to save energy route, but Tesla only loves to save you time! A no highway option would be nice

Carl Thompson | 2019年4月2日

Even better would be an option to avoid _specific_ roads or freeways.

paratescon | 2019年4月20日

Yes I also want this setting especially it is google maps.

waratuman | 2019年4月29日

Yes, would also love this option. Otherwise I'm navigating with my phone on google maps :(

ALSET | 2019年6月30日

I was looking for this feature today as well since both Google Maps and Apple Maps have it. Is there an email address for Tesla software engineers we could email to give suggestions and asks?

huy_peter | 2019年7月19日

My wife love to have avoid highway option because she doesn't like to drive on highways. I also like to have avoid highways option as well.

Joshan | 2019年7月19日

For those of you want to write to Tesla with your feedback, you can do so to the email address feedback@tesla.com

Schulp | 2019年8月6日

I also was looking for the option to avoid highways/freeways. Even the very early Garmin devices had that. For certain routes/destinations it's sometimes better to avoid those. Hope it's in the next update.

TrexTesla | 2019年8月6日

I find it odd that it doesn't have this feature, especially since the EVs seem to be more efficient off the highway!

Joshan | 2019年8月6日

In my case living in Illinois I could just turn on "Avoid Tolls" and I would never see a highway.

wintherrx | 2019年8月17日

Thanks @Joshan .... just sent this to feedback ...
Folks,

It is getting extremely annoying here in Atlanta to not have the subject item available. All routing appears to send me to a tight band of congested highways. I can override if I know the roads but I am new in Atlanta.

Please add this feature for all the people who only drive locally. In my mind it would be better time spent than adding another game to the console.

jefjes | 2019年8月17日

Been wanting this feature for over a year. Maybe v10 will offer it.