Forums

Navigation on Autopilot

Navigation on Autopilot

I am surprised I have not found much discussion on the topic of Navigation on Autopilot (please point me to the right place if I am wrong). Since the last update, I have been loving this new feature. It did not take me much time to realize that using the volume scroll does not work as hands on the wheel and a slight torque is the best way to keep the autopilot happy. Needless to say, I am extremely happy with how my model 3 (almost 9000 miles) is navigating busy san diego freeways.

During my routing drive in the morning to the Y (on my way to work), the car has to go from freeway 805 South to 52 East. But everyday it misses the freeway interchange and later makes correction to use another route. Has anyone else faced such issues? The lane in 805 actually bifurcates into two (one going straight and one to the off ramp to 52). My suspicion is Autopilot is not very good with such bifurcation. Would love to hear if anyone found a solution.

EVRider | 2019年4月19日

There are plenty of threads about Navigate on Autopilot. Here’s an article that will help you find them: https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search

Since you have a Model 3, you would be better off looking and posting in that forum, since it’s much more active than this one.

prof.bhattacharjee | 2019年4月19日

Thank you!