Forums

Slacker Radio is now LiveXLive Powered by Slacker

Slacker Radio is now LiveXLive Powered by Slacker

In case you missed it, Slacker Radio is joining forces with LiveXLive to become the world's first and only music platform with live and recorded music delivered to you in both audio and video. Check out our new and improved features:

The same music you love
Easier access to your favorites
More personalized picks just for you
Watch tons of live festivals & events
Sleek, simplified design
New & exclusive original shows

Sunergy-NJ | 2019年4月24日

LiveXLive is a stupid name, as if Slacker wasn't already stupid. And I couldn't care less about live festivals in my car. Not that I could watch them there anyway. IMHO

CharleyBC | 2019年4月24日

Does this affect the Slacker that comes in our Model 3s?

TranzNDance | 2019年4月24日

Some of my favorite musical artists aren't really great in live performances.

wiscy67 | 2019年4月24日

My choice would be Spotify which is available on Tesla but only outside North America. So I continue to play music from phone / Spotify app through BT. But this solution isn't hands free or voice activated as far as I'm aware.

cnistal1 | 2019年4月24日

I don't understand why Tesla chose Slacker over Spotify in the US. Seriously, can anyone answer that question?

Rt002k | 2019年4月24日

@cnistal $$$

cnistal1 | 2019年4月24日

@Rt002k
Care to share specifics?

Rt002k | 2019年4月24日

No specifics, just assumptions, but presumably they got a better deal partnering with Slacker than anyone else. We all have free Slacker streaming without ads - that's a special deal. Perhaps Spotify wouldn't do that deal in the US.

Rt002k | 2019年4月24日

In the absence of a special relationship between someone at Tesla and someone at Slacker, the only logical conclusion is that they either got a better deal, or Slacker was the only one that was willing to work with them to integrate the app into the Tesla UI. Given that Spotify is available outside the US (as someone above pointed out), it makes the app integration unlikely.