Forums

Ludicrous included?

Ludicrous included?

I thought that I had read that ludicrous a $20,000 extra would be included in a new upgrade purchase of a Model S. When I went to the design page it added the $20,000. Does anyone know more about this?

Bighorn | 2019年4月29日

It’s for previous/current owners of S/X . Not sure how you get credited, but it’s definitely a thing.

EVRider | 2019年4月29日

The free ludicrous offer is for existing S/X owners, but the web site isn’t designed to make that distinction. I assume you won’t get charged if you qualify for the discount.

jfemd.va.us | 2019年4月29日

I inquired about this...sales rep in Richmond told me that once you place the order, you will be identified as an owner and the discount is applied. Also note that this is a limited time offer and they have no idea when it will stop. Federal tax credit also gets halved after June 30 deliveries. And free 5000 supercharging miles is good for May orders. So much to take in....

jordanrichard | 2019年4月29日

It also only applies if you order the "Performance" package.

RKtect | 2019年4月29日

Has anyone completed their order and can confirm that the $20K discount automatically applied?

dowopdave | 2019年4月29日

My lease expires mid September. I hope that's not going to be too late for the deal.

jfemd.va.us | 2019年4月29日

I would guess that this offer (no charge ludicrous if you buy the performance model) will expire by the end of May

EVRider | 2019年4月29日

@dowopdave: Were you planning to pay for Ludicrous on your next S, or are you only interested because it’s free? If you were going to get it anyway, you could talk to someone at Tesla and see if they would be willing to pull ahead your lease. Even if they won’t, the $20,000 you would save now will be a lot more than you’ll spend on your remaining lease payments if you turn the car in early. And if you were planning to pay cash or finance next time, you would also get a bigger Federal tax credit (in the US) if you take delivery before July.

Madatgascar | 2019年4月29日

My lease expires in early July and I was going to try to take delivery as late as possible before the next step down in tax benefit. Hoping against hope there will be an interior refresh before then, so I can get an S with an interior that’s at least on par with my Model 3. But if I lose free Ludicrous and they don’t come through with a refresh, I’ll be really bummed.

EVRider | 2019年4月30日

@Madatgascar: My guess is that if Tesla was almost ready to roll out the refreshed interior, they would have done it together with the drivetrain changes, since each change to production is costly. I wouldn’t count on seeing the new interior before July, but with Tesla, you never know.

dowopdave | 2019年4月30日

@evrider... I'm going to lease again so tax credit not going to affect me. Also I will miss the Sunroof. Is there a chance they bring that back?

EVRider | 2019年4月30日

@dowopdave: You never know about the sunroof. Since you’re leasing, it might not be worth paying extra for Ludicrous since you’re not keeping the car.

packpike | 2019年4月30日

My MS 75D is only a year old (10K miles), but man this is tempting. If I wouldn’t get absolutely mauled on depreciation I would jump. The other downside is full wrap and ceramic film heat shield on the windows ‘down the drain’.

packpike | 2019年4月30日

My MS 75D is only a year old (10K miles), but man this is tempting. If I wouldn’t get absolutely mauled on depreciation I would jump. The other downside is full wrap and ceramic film heat shield on the windows ‘down the drain’.

jfemd.va.us | 2019年4月30日

Depreciation definitely hurts the decision. My local county administrator has my 2014 P85D assessed $10K higher than Tesla will pay me on trade-in.

Ohmster | 2019年4月30日

^Depreciation+wrap+film
vs
20k+more mile+new drive unit+new suspension+faster charging

How far off is it?

packpike | 2019年4月30日

@Ohmster - I need Tesla to tell me. They haven't responded to my email and my sales rep apparently doesn't work there anymore. I'm tied up in training for 2 more days so I’ll try to call them after that to see how bad it is and see if I can talk myself into it. :)

Ohmster | 2019年4月30日

@packpike. Let me know how it turns out. I won’t need that much of a push myself! :)

packpike | 2019年4月30日

I went ahead and chatted with them tonight which prompted a call. They'll have #'s for me tomorrow. We'll see.

Boonedocks | 2019年5月1日

Ordered a SP100D plus Ludicrous a week ago the day the announcement was made.

That order showed the $20k price on Ludicrous and yesterday 4-30-19 the sales advisor from whatever sales center is closest to me, never been there, called me and said I needed to place another (new) order and they would cancel last weeks order and then they could remove the $20k ludicrous charge from my order.

Well now I my order will be a week later in the que as well as having to wait for the original $2,500 deposit to be credited back, wait for the $20k fee to be removed from the new order and still wondering why I had to do a new order and cancel last weeks. So odd and she could not explain other than "that is the only way we can do the free ludicrous option) \i/

RKtect | 2019年5月1日

Ordered my SP100DL last night. The online ordering system did not automatically deduct the Ludicrous Mode fee. I am waiting to hear back from Tesla sales on the issue. I assume that the protocol is that this fee must be manually removed afterwards??? If the fee does not get removed, I will be cancelling my order.

EVRider | 2019年5月1日

@RKtect: It has been reported in other threads about this that Tesla will credit you for the cost of Ludicrous. The offer is only available to existing S/X owners, and the online ordering system isn't designed to distinguish owners from non-owners (it could be, but it's not).

plpham123 | 2019年5月2日

@Boonedocks

I'm sure you didn't need to cancel the original order you made on the Tesla website to get your 20K discount. The sales rep from your local sales center was wrong. Once you made the purchase with ludicrous after the promotion was started, they verify that you are a previous model X or S purchaser and you will get the 20K deducted when sales contract is drawn up. I discussed this with the sales rep in Fremont. My local sales rep tried to get me to cancel and they said they would put in the order for me to get the credit but I suspect he said that so he could get his sales number up. My delivery date is also in May. Can't wait.

plpham123 | 2019年5月2日

@Boonedocks

I'm sure you didn't need to cancel the original order you made on the Tesla website to get your 20K discount. The sales rep from your local sales center was wrong. Once you made the purchase with ludicrous after the promotion was started, they verify that you are a previous model X or S purchaser and you will get the 20K deducted when sales contract is drawn up. I discussed this with the sales rep in Fremont. My local sales rep tried to get me to cancel and they said they would put in the order for me to get the credit but I suspect he said that so he could get his sales number up. My delivery date is also in May. Can't wait.

packpike | 2019年5月2日

@Ohmster - the offer for my MS was a little low. KBB lists the trade-in value to be ~$59K (private party - $66K) and Tesla offered me $51K. I was hoping for ~$60K and I was going to jump.

Boonedocks | 2019年5月2日

@plpham123

I agree with your post completely - however - on “My Tesla” account page the order that was cancelled now shows the car avatar as blue instead of black. I wonder if that is normal when you cancel an order or if something went haywire on Tesla’s end in that specific order. Hmmmm IDK what to think but I do have a new order.

Meanwhile my S100D is sold and the buyer is flying in 5-13 so maybe I’ll push that sales rep to give me a loaner S until my new order is delivered. Put the “late” delivery on then :) :) (not that it’s late lol)

Jimdow | 2019年5月2日

My Tesla delivery rep told me the 20K will be deducted in the final sales invoice. I ordered my new Model S P100DL about 10 days ago and I still only have a RN... no serial number assigned yet.
I am trading my 2016 P100DL in with 12,500 miles. Got a quote for trade in that was lower than I was hoping for and they told me to take it to CarMax and whatever CarMax offers, they will match it.
Right now it looks like the upgrade to the new P100DL is going to cost me about 39K plus the sales tax less the $3,750 tax credit. All in about 37k.
Not bad for a car that I had for 30 months.
As you probably know, the new Model S's are not offered with a sunroof or Sat Radio or 21"polished aluminum wheels.

Boonedocks | 2019年5月2日

@Jimdow

Thanks for the update and please please post back when you have more updates.

I just spoke to a sales advisor and was told mid-late May delivery possibly early June. Still odd since the order page says “May” and still a bit peeved that they cancelled my first order placed the day of the free Ludicrous blog and re-ordered on 4/30.

Hammonddave | 2019年5月2日

It also does not include FSCFL.

Hammonddave | 2019年5月2日

Also... I wonder if Ludicrous Mode is really worth it. Like how often will you use it? If 0-60 in 4 seconds is not fast enough...

Boonedocks | 2019年5月2日

@Hammonddave I would never have paid for the $20k Ludicrous option it but I’ll certainly take it for free.

Also I don’t use Superchargers so FUSC has -0- value to me...

ST70 | 2019年5月2日

@Hammonddave- no 4 seconds is not fast enough....duh!

inconel | 2019年5月2日

2.4 is not either. We need at least 1.9 :)

ST70 | 2019年5月2日

@inconel- you are correct! ...and rocket thrusters to leap over slow folks

Hammonddave | 2019年5月3日

You guys are funny! I think they are weaning people off their free supercharging for life deals. Sure a I wouldn’t take Ludicrous for free.... but full self driving may be worth more to me. I just paid for the 2K upgrade deal.

Hammonddave | 2019年5月3日

Seriously, I would take Drogon over the ludicrous mode. Fire breathing dragons are much more useful on the 405

packpike | 2019年5月3日

Yep Hammonddave, having to pay for FSD again was the sinking point for me. I configured a new P100DL, but having to pay another $6K for FSD again took me past what I wanted to spend. Oh well, I’ll enjoy 3.8 0-60 for a while longer.

ST70 | 2019年5月3日

Now we're talking! "Not a Flamethrower" double barrels on the front and a big single on the rear....

dowopdave | 2019年5月4日

I spoke to someone at least termination and they were very helpful. They told me to place the order and the $20,000 ludicrous fee would be subtracted. They also said the 3750 tax credit does get applied even if your Leasing. I only have 2 months of payments left so it's almost too tempting not to t
ake advantage of this deal. So in June
I'll be getting a new p100d ludicrous for $106,000.

heartbeat | 2019年5月5日

I tried ordering on the internet as Elon wants but the $20,000 free ludicrous did not appear anywhere. Plus I did not know how to get the free 5,000 mile supercharger use using my referral. So I called Tesla and went to the Tesla store the next day. They said to get the 5,000 mile offer I had to use my phone application and had to cancel my first order. My account also shows my original order as blue instead of red. My account still shows a $20,000 charge but they said it will be removed later.

PPower | 2019年5月5日

I was told that either way they have to do some manual work to make the Ludicrous package for free. So contact your sales rep when you place the order.

Does anyone have a VIN yet?