Forums

Charge port not auto opening at SC, and random screen reboots

Charge port not auto opening at SC, and random screen reboots

Charge port not auto opening at SC, and random screen reboots is still a problem even with the latest 2019.12.1.2. The charge port stopped opening automatically since about 4 updates ago. Screen reboots was happening with previous versions as well, but seems more frequent with 2019.12.1.2. I have already done scroll wheel reset following last update. Does not seem to help. It happened twice just yesterday alone.

Redmiata98 | 2019年5月6日

Does the charge port open manually?

Teslapalooza | 2019年5月6日

yes the port opens manually, that is why I did not contact Tesla service yet. Just putting up with that minor inconvenience for now.

Vawlkus | 2019年5月7日

It’s a firmware problem that is rumored to resolved with 2019.16 software.

Teslapalooza | 2019年5月7日

look forward to that.

David Trushin | 2019年5月7日

The antenna appears to be on the back hatch. If I hold the wand near the port it doesn't open, but if I hold it farther away, or over the hatch it opens.

Teslapalooza | 2019年5月7日

WIll try that the next time I am at the SC probably next Sat.

Tropopause | 2019年5月8日

Last month I drove 5,000 mile roundtrip cross country USA with my Model 3 and found about 80% of Superchargers would NOT open my charge port. Glad to know it's likely a software bug.

Teslapalooza | 2019年5月11日

@David Trushin, you are absolutely correct. I tried it like you suggested. It worked!

Teslapalooza | 2019年5月11日

Oh well, that seems to be a one time gratification. I had to make 2 other SC stops today. That same trick did not work those 2 times. So apparently the problem still exists.