Forums

Stop light recognition

Stop light recognition

Is anyone getting red light warnings on autosteer? I have yet to encounter it with 2019.16.2.

JAD | 2019年6月10日

I have gotten it, but it is telling you that you ARE running a red light, way too late to actually stop safely, so very hard to test safely currently.

Neomaxizoomdweebie | 2019年6月10日

I got one a while back. Was doing 45 and had plenty of time to stomp the brake.

jdcollins5 | 2019年6月10日

I tested it by approaching a red light at about 45 mph. The red steering wheel warning came up along with warning alarm. I had to stop quickly but was able to stop short of the white intersection lines.

If I was slowing down or using the brake it would not activate.

synfendia | 2019年6月10日

I'm on 2019.16.2 and I did test it successfully a couple days ago.
Not easy to test since you run the risk of blowing right through a light at high speed

sixstring09 | 2019年6月10日

I've tested it on a early saturday morning and it works, but man it's hard to wait for the alert. Really have to jam on the brakes.

-TheJohn- | 2019年6月10日

I got one so far and my reaction was Yes car I can see that the light is red and in fact I am now slowing down to stop for it.
I've itched to really push it but haven't because duh but I've definitely cut some a bit close and not gotten a warning. Just that one false alarm.
I love contributing to the data set.

M3phan | 2019年6月10日

In my opinion/huge guess, this isn’t so much a safety feature release as much as a release “peek” of the ramp up to traffic light and stop sign recognition.

Techy James | 2019年6月11日

I have never got the Red Light warning. Pretty sure, that is because I prefer a nice smooth stop where the breaks are only used for the last 6 miles where Regen breaking stops slowing the car down. So I start slowing down considerably before actually reaching the light. My approach to training it, is let it learn from where I disable EAP.
Now I did have one case where I can say it definitely failed, there was a car ahead turning right at red light, after it turned, the car preceded to try and I had to hit brakes to stop car before entering intersection.

SalisburySam | 2019年6月11日

At present (16.2 here), the warning is effectively a non-feature. It is likely providing information to Tesla, but in its current inCARnation it isn’t much use. I’ve not seen it in normal driving, and I’m not going to create a situation specific to its needs.

rkalbiarEV | 2019年6月11日

Does not work for me. I have tried several times.