Forums

Auto open trunk for Model s

Auto open trunk for Model s

I know the model S has can come with an Auto open/close trunk. What I'm looking for is someone who has done a mod of the trunk struts similar to the mod on Model 3's I have a Model 3 and have done the mod. I have a not so technical friend that would like to see it on his Model S-100 which didn't come with auto open/close.

Thanks for any help.

Anthony J. Parisio | 2019年6月21日

Do you mean the Frunk?

EVRider | 2019年6月21日

The OP said it was for the trunk on a Model S that doesn’t have the power lift gate.

TeslaTap.com | 2019年6月21日

Since the Tesla does have a power lift on most MS trunks, seems buying the parts and the controller from Tesla might be the best way to go. I suspect the connectors are in the wiring harness, but it would be smart to confirm. I've found unused connectors just taped up to the wiring bundle. My guess it was rarely worth it for the volumes Tesla produces to make separate wiring harnesses. The main trick would getting Tesla service to enable the software so you can control it from the touchscreen.

spineeric | 2019年6月21日

Here is a YouTube video of a retrofit power trunk retrofit for the Model S. Not sure if this is still available.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIwm_k5oGwY

syclone | 2019年6月22日

@spineeric: Thanks for the info, but I'm just interested in stronger struts that provide auto-open.