Forums

no youtube videos playing on the M3 web app

no youtube videos playing on the M3 web app

i looked through the first 4-5 pages here and couldn't find this issue addressed.
i tired to play a youtube video on my M3 the other day and it couldn't play.
is there anything to download in order to play or is this just a no no??

thanks
gary

lordmiller | 2019年7月12日

NoNo! Never gonna happen.

derotam | 2019年7月12日

I hope your intention was to ONLY play videos while you are stopped and in Park right? I mean you would NEVER play videos on the screen while driving would you?

This is by design. Nothing wrong with your car.

jimglas | 2019年7月12日
LA-Fohlen | 2019年7月12日

I think Tesla would have some issues with regulators if they allow to play videos on the screen.

jordanrichard | 2019年7月12日

Playing videos, while in park has been a desire since 2012. I am surprised that in your research before getting your car that you didn't learn that streaming video can't be done, yet..................

Elon had said that eventually we will have the capability, via the Wi-Fi that they will be retro fitting their superchargers with.

M3BlueGeorgia | 2019年7月12日

@jordanrichard Yes, this is going to require either WiFi or paying for data.

EVRider | 2019年7月12日

@gary: This article tells you how to search the forum so you don’t have to browse page by page: https://teslatap.com/articles/owners-manual-companion/#search

sasglm | 2019年7月12日

yes i was parked at a store waiting on my wife to shop.
thanks EVRider for the search tip
i understand the watching video while the car is in motion , but in Park i could see some usefulness

thanks
gary

rxlawdude | 2019年7月12日

My 2014 Prius Plug-In could play DVDs - when in park, video on screen. Once in drive, audio only.

jithesh | 2019年7月12日

Elon said this will come in future over Wifi Only so that they can watch videos while supercharging, etc.

floraolivia1 | 2020年1月21日

Please, use a third party app (https://appsgag.com/en/tubemate/details) for watching videos or use as a mp3 player...