Forums

Arctic Temperature Data

Arctic Temperature Data

To melt away the Arctic ice, it will take a lot more than 274 deg. K!

http://ocean.dmi.dk/arctic/meant80n.uk.php

See the 2019 summertime temperatures north of 80 deg. North latitude? Same as the 1958-2002 mean!

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月17日
MitchP85D | 2019年11月17日

What Holland has done. That is what I am talking about SCCRENDODO! Venice is trying to do the same thing. Maybe the Italians can use some help from the Dutch.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月17日
MitchP85D | 2019年11月18日

CO2 levels far higher than today throughout history.

https://www.iceagenow.info/co2-levels-far-higher-today-throughout-history/

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月18日

One would expect CO2 levels to be relatively constant when the climate is not undergoing massive transformations. Not sure how CO2 levels hundreds of millions of years ago have any relationship to CO2 levels today, or even in the past 10,000 years. In history CO2 has never been a catastrophic climate changing factor, which is confusing to me as to why this is the primary focus. At least for human life, 100 years is significant. CO2 will probably maintain a stable climate for the short term, but CO2 is not the primary climate driving force which is clearly pointed out throughout history.

P.S. Should use CO2 levels data from when modern humans have been on earth. Not sure what relevance there is going back to Pangaea times.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月19日

And of course this would contradict the weathermoron again. If only he understood 2 SD
https://apple.news/AS9aMHgemTIe6nI4pXMvehw

MitchP85D | 2019年11月19日

Very short and insignificant time scale SCCRENDODO. This shows what is happening for the past 8000 years.

https://www.iceagenow.info/temperatures-have-been-falling-for-8000-years/

We have a short multi-decadal spike upward in temperature and the likes of SCCRENDODO run around like chickens with their heads cut off!

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月20日

I think greenhouse gasses are going to be the short term threat. Long term threat is extra terrestrial impacts and super volcanoes. The latter we have no real control over unless we detect an object early enough in space, the former we have control over and should take it seriously. The climate has been relatively stable since the last set of impacts that melted the glacial ice, and we should be very careful about unbalancing the stable climate that has allowed us to advance to the point that we are at today. Our society is very fragile and relies on a stable climate.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月20日

The next 100 years is of more immediate importance that the next 5 millions years Andy

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月20日

50-100 years would be my short term threat range. Long term threat would be hundreds to thousands of years, not millions. A time scale of millions of years is not practical because we have no evidence of modern humans existing on this planet for longer than 200,000 years.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月21日

A better view of the Holocene graph.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Holocene_Temperature_Variations.png

What has been going on in the past 8000 years is more of a trend setter than the last 50!

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月21日

NO weathermoron. We have not been driving gas guzzling SUVs for 8000 years

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月21日

CO2 has never single-handedly caused catastrophic climate change. Like i said previously, greenhouse gasses will be a short term threat to human habitability. We are talking single digit generations here, probably 100 years timescale. Geologically, that is nothing, its a nanosecond. Never in the planets history has a species ever been capable of doing what we have done over the last 150 years. We are playing with fire here, and we do not know what the consequences could amount to since there is no previous history of anything similar.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月21日

@andy. That is why we have scientists studying it.

its more directed at the scientifically inept one.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月21日

Previous Interglacial Periods had peak temperatures that were warmer than the Holocene. There were no Pickup Trucks and SUVs back then SCCRENDODO!

https://holoceneclimate.com/four-interglacials.html

jimglas | 2019年11月21日

more distraction nonsense

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月21日

And no coastal cities with millions of peoples being flooded out. Stupid strawman arguments

"Previous Interglacial Periods had peak temperatures that were warmer than the Holocene. There were no Pickup Trucks and SUVs back then SCCRENDODO!"

With every post you are providing proof to everyone who reads this that you dont have a good understanding of climate. This is particularly true because you never actually have any good points to make, all you ever do is post links to external sources of data.

Like saying "Climate change is a hoax, check out this link!" Its like clickbait. You're not a knowledgeable person. You're not doing any work, you're just copy pasting links and thinking you've done your part.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月21日

I am simply pointing out the complete dismissal of natural climate variation by you Green New Dealers.

Separate, but good point by Dr. Spencer. Poverty kills. And raising the price of fuel on poor people will kill them. it actually makes me wonder if that is the ulterior motive of you global warming zealots.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月21日

Hey SCCRENDODO, check out Sydney, Australia sea-level rise.

https://holoceneclimate.com/sydney-sea-level-rise.html

"Millions of people being flooded out" has no scientific grounding.

teslu3 | 2019年11月21日

More local Gish Gallop gibberish from a climate denier web site, holoceneclimate.com.

More appropriate web sites show a global view:
https://oceanservice.noaa.gov/facts/sealevel.html
https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends.html

Ya maybe you've have yourself thinking thats what you're doing. And i have to tell you that you're really not doing that. You've been at this for what 4 years now? When are you going to realize your methods dont work.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月22日

Hey tesloo the 3rd, I very well know of those links you posted. Now look at the bottom line hard data from the NOAA site.

https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/globalregionalcomparison.html

See that? The absolute sea level rise is on the order of 1.7-1.8 mm / yr. That is about 7 inches per century.

I think it is funny how the government climate sites all express concerns over human-caused global warming and how we must take action now. Yet, the actual hard work done by the climate realists who work for these government organizations is put in obscure places.

The data is there. You have to look for it.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月22日

Here is another example - The Danish Meteorological Institute and their Polar Portal.

http://polarportal.dk/en/groenlands-indlandsis/nbsp/viden-om-groenlands-...

They do their administrative duty to express their concerns over human-caused global warming and the melting of the Greenland ice sheet. Most of this page you global warming zealots will cheer. But there is one little obscure paragraph that has the real data there.

"In total the loss of mass from the ice sheet equals a 25 mm addition to global sea level since 1840."

The real climate scientists who work for the DMI quietly revealed their work. All of you global warming zealots would overlook this. But it takes a climate realist like me to point out the real story. Like Dr. John Christy says, "science is all about numbers." Well, the DMI showed some numbers. They just calculated that the global sea level rise went up 1 INCH since 1840 from Greenland meltwater runoff.

Now, is that anything for you global warming zealots to run around like chickens with your heads cut off about?

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月22日

Hey weathermoron. Why don’t you look at @tedlu3s link before reposting you same stupid statements. To a simple mind like yours 1/8 of an inch may not be much but if you read the link you would realize why it matters. As you are either too stupid or too lazy to click on his link I have copied and posted 2 paragraphs that even a simpleton like you may understand

Global sea level has been rising over the past century, and the rate has increased in recent decades. In 2014, global sea level was 2.6 inches above the 1993 average—the highest annual average in the satellite record (1993-present). Sea level continues to rise at a rate of about one-eighth of an inch per year.

Higher sea levels mean that deadly and destructive storm surges push farther inland than they once did, which also means more frequent nuisance flooding. Disruptive and expensive, nuisance flooding is estimated to be from 300 percent to 900 percent more frequent within U.S. coastal communities than it was just 50 years ago.”

Btw you still haven’t answered if you are a member of the flat earth society

MitchP85D | 2019年11月22日

Andy, I am not doing this because of you and your ilk. I am doing this to provide easy to reach information to my fellow Tesla owners about the issue of climate.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月22日

You should double check who reads your posts. You're not convincing anyone.

Besides you have posted the link to the website already. Everyone who cares about what you post has the main source of everything. The rest is noise for this forum.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月22日

SCCRENDODO, that is the NOAA administrative boilerplate you are citing.

What the actual scientists at NOAA think is that the sea level rise is 1.7-1.8 mm / yr. Look at what they said.

The graphs give an indication of the differing rates of vertical land motion, given that the absolute global sea level rise is believed to be 1.7-1.8 millimeters/year.

See that SCCRENDODO? BELIEVED TO BE 1.7-1.8 millimeters/year. They even mention the word ABSOLUTE in that sentence!

Bottom line, the real climate scientists think global sea level is rising at the rate of about 1/2 foot per century. And the likes of SCCRENDODO hate that!

MitchP85D | 2019年11月22日

I'll do whatever I dang well please Andy. And you have no way to determine who or how many are reading this thread.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月22日

Its likely you attract a reading crowd from those who contribute. The post contributions are of such a non-serious level its ridiculous. Its hard to imagine that you believe you're making any difference on tesla forums with this stuff.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月22日

An 1/8 of an inch is 3 mm but that is besides the point. I have just quoted you 2 paragraphs from the NOAA link you did not read. Try read and comprehend the 2 paragraphs I just posted from the link.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月23日

That is from satellite data and adjustments SCCRENDODO.

Are you just ignoring the NOAA statement of "...absolute global sea level rise is believed to be 1.7-1.8 millimeters/year"?

Sure looks like it to me. 1/2 foot per century is just not catastrophic sounding enough for you!

MitchP85D | 2019年11月23日

Andy, whether I am making a difference is not the main issue. What is the main issue is that I have been forecasting weather for 40 years. And I am sickened to see my field bastardized by those for political purposes. So, I will use a Forum like this to speak out.

SCCRENDODO just revealed his anti-1st Amendment attitude by stating that he would not allow me to be heard. That should tell you something about those who falsely claim, "the debate is over."

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月23日

"And I am sickened to see my field bastardized by those for political purposes"

Hope you realize what you're saying. You're a perfect example of what you detest.

Also i just realized what you said. No one has a problem with the field that predicts weather. Thats weather. And as we have all tried to explain to you, weather is not climate. Climate science does not come from weather predictions because weather predictions are FUTURE TENSE. You are predicting what WILL happen in a very short time span, we are talking 10-15 days into the future. Not 10-15 decades. Weather prediction is not climate science.

Maybe you are angry about something for the wrong reasons.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月23日

Look like our weathermoron does not want the field bastardized. I am afraid that he has does that all by himself. He still hasn’t read and understood the link. He couldn’t even understand the 2 paragraphs I posted

MitchP85D | 2019年11月23日

Andy, I am not the one who is trying affect other peoples' lives by pushing government policy onto them. You and SCCRENDODO are the ones doing that!

I believe in allowing market choice for the consumer. I am not trying to control anybody like you two are. Therefore, you and your ilk are the political ones by forcing your views onto others!

Exactly what am i doing to push government policy?

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月23日

He thinks you are trying to take gas guzzlers away from all the rednecks. And indeed that would be a great idea. Just like we should take their guns away as well.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月23日

He thinks you are trying to take gas guzzlers away from all the rednecks. And indeed that would be a great idea. Just like we should take their guns away as well.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月24日

Andy, do you agree with the authoritarian bastard SCCRENDODO?

MitchP85D | 2019年11月24日

Andy, if you do, then you are pushing government policy.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月24日

That guy has said a million things. What am i being asked if im agreeing with

MitchP85D | 2019年11月24日

That gas guzzlers and guns need to be taken away from rednecks Andy.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月24日

i have no opinion of that perspective.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月24日

That's a wuss out Andy. I guess you have the attitude that as long as it is not your property that gets confiscated, you are OK with that.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月25日

Im a wuss because im not involved in your petty debate? Im not going to be forced to have an opinion on a perspective like that. Thats SCC's opinion. Try asking me a different question.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月25日
dmm1240 | 2019年11月25日

No need to take gas guzzlers away from anyone. They're doomed anyway. Restoring the tax breaks and doing things like installing charging stations on freeway rest stops, in public parking lots, in street lamps along streets,, prohibiting HOAs from prohibiting installation of home charging stations, requiring new apartment construction to install a few charging stations etc are all that's necessary.

Then, you don't want to hear stuff like that, do ya Mitch? Conflicts with your fascist view of the world causing uncomfortable cognitive dissonance.

Pages