Forums

“Charging stopped” error

“Charging stopped” error

I charged my car at a supercharger and was worked fine but, 2 hours later, I plugged my car at a Chargepoint station at work then all of a sudden, I see a ”stopped charging” error on my screen. I tapped my credit card, ChargePoint card, debit card, and shows the same error. Charge port shows white light and my app says to connect charger. I tried 4 of these stations at work but they showed the same errors. Charging is free at work and have always worked fine. When I went home, I plugged my car using my 14-50 and it worked fine. What could be the problem?

cannislanda1 | 2019年8月15日

*working

Tyerc | 2019年8月15日

Could be the Tesla adaptor to fit the Charge-point equipment, make sure it’s properly fitted. I had an “error” on my home charger from the adaptor, it wasn’t seated well although I thought it was fitted properly, Turned out if wasn’t quite tight enough, refitted it and it worked fine.

sarahhorng | 2019年12月22日

I have been having the same problem at a private chargepoint inside our condo's complex's parking garage (not for public use and only residents). I have called IT and they said the'll try to get owner to fix it. Have you gotten this fixed and figured out how to charge at this particular station? (everyone else who charges here works..volt, leaf, and BMWi3 except mine)

rob | 2019年12月22日

I've seen 2 types of errors at ChargPoints. One is "Ground Fault" and the other is "Low Voltage Detected". The errors show up on the CP screen and the Tesla stops charging. The Ground Fault error only shows up when trying to charge Teslas. Other cars are ok.

lbowroom | 2019年12月22日

The ChargePoints at my company seem to have an issue with ultra low humidity conditions that we get during Santa Ana winds. No error given, just,” stopped charging “

dukediep | 2020年2月5日

Same here. Monday: CHARGING STOPPED.. didn't work for the whole day.. Tuesday: It charged fine.. Wednesday: CHARGING STOPPED..
Couldn't figure out why.. the adapter? There were other Model 3's there that charged fine... Grrrr...

CaliforniaMaki808 | 2020年2月5日

why can't I post anything on this conversation?

CaliforniaMaki808 | 2020年2月5日

Volta is having this issue too. Not sure if it's the software update causing this problem.

peng.li.hit007 | 2020年2月11日

Same thing here. Tried multiple Chargepoint chargers. None worked. It was working just fine and keep showing "Charging stopped" on my M3 when plugged in since yesterday. Waiting for a fix from Chargepoint side.

peng.li.hit007 | 2020年2月11日

Same thing here. Tried multiple Chargepoint chargers. None worked. It was working just fine and keep showing "Charging stopped" on my M3 when plugged in since yesterday. Waiting for a fix from Chargepoint side.

mathisgood | 2020年2月11日

I've had this problem intermittently when using the chargepoint station at work. I tend to think its an initial low power problem on the chargepoint side that triggers something in the Tesla to give up trying to charge. No matter how many times I press "Start Charging" on the Tesla it never works. I have found a couple things that have worked for me in my situation but it's completely possible that my particular chargepoint station is worse than a normal one seeing as I only get 3 kW when another car is charging next to me.

1) If my car has been charging at the station for a bit and then another car begins a charge my Tesla will stop charging. The way I've found to get it to begin charging again is to actually go and physically open the door of the car which seems to re-initialize something in the software. I'm actually wondering if I can just remotely unlock and re-lock the car from the app and if it'll do the same thing. I'm going to test this next time it happens.

2) If my car doesn't begin charging from the get go, I'll usually have to completely disconnect the charger and plug it back into the chargepoint station then wait until chargepoint has reset and start the whole process over. I have found it works more often if the car hasn't locked yet and begin to sit idle. So I usually leave my door open to ensure everything is still on with the car.

lbowroom | 2020年2月11日

Are you in Southern California? Chargepoints at my work have an issue if the santa ana winds are blowing. I assume it's static charge or grounding.

mathisgood | 2020年2月11日

I am not. I'm in Austin but I'll keep that in mind and see if I notice if it occurs more for me when its windy

connieharuko | 2020年2月16日

My m3 was charging fine till last night. Used another charging station and when I plugged it in at home it said limited charging and check for obstruction. It did not stop charging and charged the appropriate length of time. Any suggestions on what happened and do I do anything about it since it’s charging?

Vitaliy.hayda | 2020年2月22日

Same problem...

jearil | 2020年3月2日

Finding the same as @mathisgood. I actually did try remotely unlocking my car and charging started again. There must be some sort of bug in the system that is shutting down charging after the car locks.

CaliforniaMaki808 | 2020年3月3日

I have this "Charge Interrupted" issue with Volta. It usually happens after 2 hours or at a certain range, 260 something. I have to physically unplug the cable and plug it back in to make it work again. I've tried using the "Start Charging" option on the phone app and dashboard but it doesn't do anything. I've sent an email to Tesla customer service and they said they will forward it to the appropriate department. Haven't heard from them since. Not sure if they will do anything with the reported problem.
I suggest you send them an email reporting the same issue.

sekhon_ravi | 2020年3月14日

I got " Charging stopped" on my screen and start charging command not working. I have charge point charger at my home and this is the first time I am hanging this problem. Hell plz.

sekhon_ravi | 2020年3月14日

I got " Charging stopped" on my screen and start charging command not working. I have charge point charger at my home and this is the first time I am hanging this problem. Help plz.