Forums

Homelink question

Homelink question

Will the in-app homelink function open and close my garage even when my car is not at home?

bishoppeak | 2019年10月9日

I don't think so. The app accesses the car, which would have to be in range of the garage door.

TranzNDance | 2019年10月9日

If you want remote access, something like MyQ could be used remotely.

PagemakersS75 | 2019年10月9日

Thanks guys

murphyS90D | 2019年10月9日

It will not. The app sends the command to the Tesla server. The server sends the command to the car. The car will probably send the Homelink command but the car is too far away for the GDO to hear it.

Chamberlain MyQ works great for that. I can open my garage doors from anywhere and can also view them in motion from the IP camera in the garage.

Ohmster | 2019年10月9日

I have MyQ. It’s great, but sometimes the app freaks out when the network signal is low (near the house) and it is just slightly out of range of the Wi-Fi. The Tesla app works perfectly in those cases. So if the car is in the garage and I am near the house, I use the Homelink command. Otherwise MyQ.

‘17 S75 + ‘17 X75D Both: Uncorked [E]AP MCU1 FSD AP2.5 Intrusion 19.32.11.1 Grin on!

akikiki | 2019年10月9日

Hey PagemakersS75, seems like its been a long time since you were here. Do you only drop by when you have a GDO question?
:)

revgrubbsn | 2019年10月10日

I am a new owner 2013 model S 60. For the life of me I can’t figure out how to open the gate to my community using the gate transponder. I programmed the garage opener without a problem. Help!

murphyS90D | 2019年10月10日

Did you program the gate while parked at the gate? Does the gate use a standard remote? Did it have new batteries in it when the car learned it?