Forums

Climate change: There is 3 types of people

Climate change: There is 3 types of people

1) People who change their habits
2) People who say they care
3) People who deny climate changes
Planet doesn’t see any difference between type 2 and type 3.

Lately, I have been arguing too much on Twitter and Instagram against type 3, I need an Instabrake.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月26日

Fish can only talk about what is bad about Model 3 and superchargers. He does not do climate discussion.

"Solar is too intermittent to do that."

How?

Darthamerica | 2019年11月26日

Andy it's on you to prove otherwise, not me. Guess what? I've personally delivered tens of thousands of tons of fresh drinking water in a third world country. Guess what that took? I've delivered millions W of electricity to a third world country. Do you know what that took? It took fossil fuels in abundance. So much so that people tried to blow it up stop us. So please, if you want to participate in this and have any credibility, don't ask for data and then when you get it in a crisp summary, you deny objective facts. An even more objective fact is that YOU and the city and country you live in today provides most if not all of your energy needs via fossil fuels. But I know you can't prove otherwise because I know that it is impossible.

Andy, clouds and the Earth rotates.

"Andy it's on you to prove otherwise, not me."

So you're going to make a statement, im going to ask for data, and then you post a couple links to videos that contain no data and then say "its on you"? Its on me? What? You havent even provided any data yet. We're still back at square 1 with this statement needing data to support it:

"fossil fuels are better from a cost/reliability perspective for developing countries."

@Darth @Mitch

There is a solution for that. Battery storage. Solar and batteries go hand in hand. Theres a solution to this "intermittent solar". Next please?????

Andy, if you listen to the video, the data is there. I've already told you that batteries can't be built in sufficient qualities to back up solar or wind at the macro level. The video told you how Germany does it... Guess what? It's not with batteries, it's by burning coal! Have you ever asked yourself why no government is actually doing what you propose?

Australia's megapack disagrees with your assumption.

Again, what you are saying is not data. You're just playing a "see look, therefore..." game.

Tesla has multiple case study examples of micro grids. You are objectively incorrect.

Andy, Australia doesn't have a Megapack. A Megapack is in Australia supplying power to Hornsdale. That's a big difference. Do you know why Australia isn't powered by Megapacks?

You're missing the point that you're objectively incorrect about what you are suggesting.

Maxxer | 2019年11月26日

90 new messages

Wtf guys

I have 10 minutes of “social media time” to spend everyday after work/training/kids homeworks/reading. I can’t keep up with one fuc&$? thread

Mitch are you a flatearther?

@Maxxer I think Darth and Mitch are.

No, I'm not. And now you're just being stubborn and contrarian for the sake of it. I gave you the information. The world is doing things the way I am telling you. So if you want to believe in nonsense then go for it. But you'll end up like so many others here posting angry threads about the evil fossil fuel industry and bewildered by why the world doesn't suddenly abandon fossil fuels. I just hoped to help you understand... Too bad you don't.

"Australia's megapack disagrees with your assumption.

Again, what you are saying is not data. You're just playing a "see look, therefore..." game.

Tesla has multiple case study examples of micro grids. You are objectively incorrect."

The only thing you had to reply to this was that the Australian battery was not powering Australia. No dispute that these things are in place and working. You replied only to the Australia one, and not the fact that Tesla themselves have done many grid level installations of sustainable energy that are in place right now, working, and reliable.

https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-megapack-utility-scale-energy-sto...
https://www.tesla.com/blog/tesla-powerpack-enable-large-scale-sustainabl...

Strawman argument eh? At least you dont dispute that what i said was correct about sustainable energy systems having already been installed today, are operational, and are more reliable than their fossil fuel counterparts.

Use this link here and go about 4/5 down the page to the "POWERPACK" section. There are many installation projects for sustainable energy.

Sorry heres the link for the end of what i said:

https://www.tesla.com/presskit

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

@maxxer. DO you think flat eathers really believe their crap or do they just blabber on about it like our local trolls to distract from the fact?. Even if these 2 clowns are not flat earthers they do behave the same and have the same effect

Andy, Tesla's micro grids are cute, but they cannot replace fossil fuels. Nothing can for the foreseeable future. Feel free to disagree and tell yourself I'm wrong for the next 50 years while fossil fuels grow and continue to grow be our primary energy source.

You need to learn to see Tesla products for what they are. They aren't for saving the world. They are for making Tesla shareholders money.

"Andy, Tesla's micro grids are cute, but they cannot replace fossil fuels."

And that right there, is the basis of your argument. Sorry @Darth, but they are replacing fossil fuels. I am sorry for whatever reason that you have, that you dont like it.

"You need to learn to see Tesla products for what they are. They aren't for saving the world. They are for making Tesla shareholders money."

Thank you for revealing your true position, and where your arguments are predicated on.

@Everyone

See, all you have to do is work at it long enough, and then the truth finally comes out. Now no one needs to dispute or argue whether or not @Darth is a fossil fuel troll. Because he has demonstrated it and admitted it all by himself.

The truth came out long ago when I and others debunked the myth that alternatives are able to replace fossil fuels anytime in the near future. Fossil fuels are and will remain the primary source of energy for the next several decades and possibly into 2100.

And stop misusing the word troll. Troll is someone like jimglas who adds no value to a thread. Just because someone disagrees with you does not = troll. By that logic Andy you are trolling me.

At least you embrace and accept that you are a fossil fuel troll. Acceptance is the first step. Maybe other trolls can learn from your example.

NKYTA | 2019年11月26日

Here is to hoping Andy!
But not likely if his paycheck depends on it.

Technically i am paid to be on these forums, because when there is not work to do at my actual job i am here roasting trolls.

NKYTA | 2019年11月26日

lol

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

@Darth. Indeed even by your definition you qualify as a troll

RedShift | 2019年11月26日

This is why I stopped arguing with Darth. Whenever he is cornered, he has a few go-to lines.

“Please, stop the ad-hominem”

“I have already PROVEN with DATA”

“You fanboys should really learn how the real world operates”

“Climate change is natural”

etc, etc, etc.

It’s a sheer waste of your precious time.

@RedShift

Its not a waste of time. I just made @Darth demonstrate and admit by himself that hes a fossil fuel troll. Now there is no debate here on these forums that he is in fact a fossil fuel troll, because the evidence already is there. He said the things he said by himself. This was more productive than you think!

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

@Andy. Congratulations. But still a waste of time. You should get back to your job. Or is it that unproductive?

Unproductive this week for sure. Not much going on due to the holidays. Its a 2 day week for me!

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

Ok go enjoy yourself. Continue to play with Darth and Mitch

No, no troll. Just one of the very few people here that actually understands the science and business related matters that come up here. Unfortunately I have to suffer the opinions of the ignorant masses asserted as fact in this fantasy land.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

@Darth. LOL

Not sure how you can understand science when your data consists of two 5 minute videos of someone staring into a camera talking whom did not provide any data themselves. "Science!"

Ok Andy. You're right. Renewables and alternative energy can easily replace fossil fuels! Jeez what are we thinking not to immediate switch over?!?!

RedShift | 2019年11月26日

@darth

“ Unfortunately I have to suffer the opinions of the ignorant masses asserted as fact in this fantasy land.”

You don’t have to suffer. You can leave. The ignorant masses will be much happier if you left these forums for good.

If a single company can do it, its successful, and in some instances more reliable than the fossil fuel infrastructure that was there before it, then i'd say it can easily be done. Those examples are living proof. I've provided my data and evidence, the only thing you have are those useless video links.

MitchP85D | 2019年11月26日

Hey Marxist Max, do you eat feces for dinner? That answer will address the flat earther one.

RedShift | 2019年11月26日

What an excellent riposte, Mitch.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

Unfortunately that does not answer the question. That you are being so evasive makes me wonder. Even if you concede that the earth is a sphere your thinking is no different from the flat earthers

MitchP85D | 2019年11月26日

Hey everybody, I got my haircut today. I did a test. I asked the lady who cuts my hair how much the global sea level has risen in the past 100 years. She had no idea. I asked her to just take a guess. She said 10 feet.

This is an example how much the news media has brainwashed the public with their hysterical news coverage of so-called climate change. She was surprised to find out how little the sea level has actually risen.

Andy how much energy do you think the world uses in a day?

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

Looks like your hairdresser is as smart as you are. Does she give a good haircut? I got my best haircut from a barber in a little village in Portugal

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

How much energy does the world use in a day?? A lot
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_energy_consumption

+1 @SCC

Its not what i think. Its what it is. Link was provided.

Ok so how do you plan to produce all of that "easily" with renewables?

One step at a time.

SCCRENDO | 2019年11月26日

@Darth. You are creating strawmen. It cannot be done easily. But does it need to be done immediately. and completely. Significant effective reductions in fossil fuel use can be achieved if we wish to do it. You don't wish to do it because you don't care. Thus you claim it cannot be done.

Pages