Forums

Trade In

Trade In

I'm going to be trading in my S75 to Tesla and getting a Raven LR. Does anyone who has traded in know if they require you to bring in your charging cable? I have a gen 1 that charges at 40A and would like to keep it at home and use the new gen 2 as backup. I think gen 2 is only 32A.

Anthony J. Parisio | 2019年11月22日

Would take it with you and ask if you can swap to keep it. My guess is yes you can keep it. However there is a slime chance you might not be able to keep it.

EVRider | 2019年11月22日

Since the charging cable came with the car, I would expect they’ll want it back. Wouldn’t the new owner also want to charge at 40A?

Ohmster | 2019年11月22日

@kcsyaktown. What did Tesla offer you for the trade?

kcsyaktown | 2019年11月22日

@EVRider. I just didn't know if they included that in the trade-in value or not. They may just assume it as a loss and give the new cable to customers anyway. It's hard to get ahold of various Tesla departments these days to ask questions.

kcsyaktown | 2019年11月22日

@Ohmster. It's about 35% less than what I paid for it. I have no idea if they are taking my FSD purchase into consideration or if that's just a total loss for me.

bhanuk99 | 2019年11月23日

When I traded in my S 75 last year I left the gen 1 cable in the car and they drove it away from the lot. When I finished paperwork and checked the car I noticed the new S100D did not have a charging cable. Wish I had kept my bag. Later on they ordered but it was a gen 2. Finally, I was able to swap just the gen 2 cable with something they were using but not in great condition. This was on Dec 31st evening so it was a busy evening.

jojim | 2019年12月5日

CarMax gave us an additional $1000 for the charging cable.

jojim | 2019年12月5日

CarMax gave us an additional $1000 for the charging cable.

akikiki | 2019年12月5日

$1,000, we should buy them on TMC and deliver them to CarMax. Make double the money selling only WC and MCs.
Wow, maybe enough after a while to buy a Tesla - from CarMax?

jojim | 2019年12月6日

@akikiki when CarMax inspected our MS for appraisal purposes, they did not mention the missing charging cable, which my husband had taken out of the car. When they were preparing the final paperwork, they asked if we had the cable, and indicated that if we did, and if it was in working order, they would up their offer to us by $1000. Of course, we accepted the additional money.

Sefar | 2019年12月18日