Forums

Nobody’s talking about the elephant in the room!

Nobody’s talking about the elephant in the room!

I’m surprised nobody is talking about the UI. To me, it was one of the more interesting things in the the truck. It looked to me like many of what people have been clambering for were there. Bigger fonts, more space devoted to maps and who knows what else was there. Definitely a peek into where the UI is going.

jrzapata | 2019年11月22日

I was wondering if that was a very early Alpha version of V11.

dave | 2019年11月22日

Where did you see the new UI - do you have a link?

walnotr | 2019年11月22日

@dave where I saw it was in the demo ride videos.

calvin940 | 2019年11月22日

Elephant in the room implies problem. What you are identifying is a positive. Maybe change your title.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月22日

Did anyone else notice the lack of side mirrors?

hokiegir1 | 2019年11月22日

@andy - Yup. And I know it won't fly with regulators before it's actually on the roads, so i expect that to change, unless they are adding some kind of camera system, but even that would be a stretch given the way the laws are written in many countries. I thought I remembered the Model 3 didn't have them at reveal either, but looking at pics, I was wrong. I know it had the funky steering wheel that also didn't fly when production came.

Swampy | 2019年11月22日

A bunch of stuff, like adding side mirrors, will change. Don’t think those headlights are up to US code, for example. I love the utility aspect of the truck! Throwing the mountain bikes in the back, camping, snowboarding, etc.

JAD | 2019年11月22日

Since several cars don't have side mirrors in Europe now, by the time the Cybertruck hits the road there is a good chance they will not be required here either.

WW_spb | 2019年11月22日

New UI is great it places lower bottom controls to your left= easier to reach. Speedo is in the far left top corner= easier to see. It would be great!

Kathy Applebaum | 2019年11月22日

@Calvin -- Of course, if you like elephants in your room, then it's a positive. ;)

@hokiegir1

I suspect they will either add them later, or it will be something similar to the semi. Cameras and screens vs physical mirror.

bddaughe | 2019年11月22日

Roadster doesn't have side mirrors either and I don't anticipate either Roadster or Truck releasing with them to be honest. They'll be displayed in cab via cameras. Did you see the rear view mirror? It was a camera view from the back. So there are no actual mirrors in the truck. Musk is creating a new standard and I don't think he'll have any issues getting that approved.

SamO | 2019年11月22日

Original Model X reveal had the side mirrors shaved and had cameras in their place. They were gone at the production reveal.

charles.a.braun | 2019年11月22日

I thought you were going to ask why nobody is talking about the EV Quad. I think that Tesla should throw one in for free for the first 10,000 who made a reservation.

Iwantmy3 | 2019年11月22日

andy.connor.e
"Did anyone else notice the lack of side mirrors?"

Forget the lack of side mirrors. There can't be any rear view mirror. It would all have to be dependent on cameras.

There is a rear mirror. you can retract the bed rollup door cover and theres a rear window. That conflicts with having the cover though since it covers the rear mirror. Dont know. Wasnt there.

SamO | 2019年11月22日

When the cover closed over the rear bed, the rear-view camera popped up on the main screen.

bddaughe | 2019年11月22日

The rearview mirror is not a mirror. Check the video again Andy. It's a video image from a camera.