Forums

Cybertruck Design suggestion - Cab/bed access

Cybertruck Design suggestion - Cab/bed access

So my one disappointment about the Cybertruck is the inability to carry a 4x8 sheet of plywood... something that seems obviously useful for a truck. If I'm not mistaken, the bed cover looked to be made from the slats of the same glass as the other widows. If the roll up bed cover, the "tambour door" let's call it, could be used as the back window for the cab, it would allow three possible configurations.

1) Bed covered: with the bed covered by the tambour door, the cab could be open to the bed. This would be great for camping, or accessing things stored in the bed. Potentially the rear seats could fold flat (as they do in the model 3) to allow a couple more feet of storage. The tailgate would have to be openable with the tambour door in place to allow loading into the bed.

2) Bed open: as the tambour door retracts, it acts as the rear window for the cab. This would be great for visibility.

3) Fully open: for warmer climates, it would be super cool to have both the bed and back of the cab completely open for air flow.

Thoughts?

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月25日

Option #1 sounds pretty much like a no brainer. Not sure how they would modify the interior to support that though. But i agree that having the ability to do this would be pretty good.

BadgerErickson | 2019年11月25日

It's already ALL in the current design. Look around please.

andy.connor.e | 2019年11月25日

Part 2 of #1 i think, where the rear seat wall to the bed can fold down like a hatchback to allow something more than 6'-6" to fit in the bed.

Xerxes5 | 2019年11月25日

Current design looks like there's a hard wall with window between the cab and the bed of the Cybertruck. I am guessing that the bedcover rolls up into the lower portion of the back wall of the cab. That would have to be moved down lower... which is undoubtedly battery space. It would be an engineering exercise, but worth doing IMHO.

spuzzz123 | 2019年11月25日

Ala Chevy avalanche

nothotpocket | 2019年11月25日

Cool suggestions, though I just wanted to point out that many trucks (my F150, e.g) can't carry a full sheet of plywood because it's a 6.5 foot bed. Just drop the gate and it works fine for handling longer materials.