Forums

White interior regrets?

White interior regrets?

Anybody regret getting the white interior. If so, why?

jebinc | 2020年1月8日

ZERO! Nice and bright and cleanup up easily with baby @SS wipes, if dirty or blue jean transfer. Of course, I also use Aerospace 303 on it (when I first brought it home). Will Aerospace 303 them 2-4 times a year.

Scrannel | 2020年1月8日

Have white interior which appears to be holding up well.

EVRider | 2020年1月8日

No regrets.

Mike UpNorth_ | 2020年1月8日

I regret NOT getting white interior....Looks so cool.

PagemakersS75 | 2020年1月8日

Thanks everybody. I have black in my S but I’m about to order my replacement 3 and I think I’m going white.

rdm227 | 2020年1月8日

None at all, love the white interior. Has not been a problem keeping it clean at all.

EAPme | 2020年1月8日

We have no regrets getting the white interior. Easy cleanup and gives the cabin an open, airy feel. Easily worth the 1K asking price.

The black interior is practical and less-showy, if those things are important to you.

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi | 2020年1月8日

3 little kids and no problem so far

Pg3ibew | 2020年1月8日

No issues at all with the white interior. Best move I ever made.

NorthValley | 2020年1月8日

White with white interior...almost a necessity in the Texas summer!!

numrich | 2020年1月8日

Add me to the list of those regretting 'not' getting white. I had selected white (without seeing in person) on my first order that fell through due to not passing an inspection. On reorder - I acquiesced to my wife's preference of black. When I first did see in person at the T store before ordering, I had thought that instead of the wood trim there was a black carbon fiber but that must have been on a customized version. So when I first saw what I now think it white aluminum it first seemed 'plasticy' to me. But then learning more, I think I would like that too.

Add that to my regret of not buying the performance model as well. I believe at the time of my order (April 19) the price diff to upgrade to performance was more than the current 8k. But I also failed to account for that including even nicer tires than the added $1500 19 in tires I choose. Plus at the time of my order the 59.2K price seemed steep for a car to me. But now 6 months later, I would think nothing of paying 8K more. I did buy the 2K acceleration boost to at least get me partly to where I wished I was.

Scrannel | 2020年1月8日

I just got white on white Performance, with everything. Left no room for regrets.

PteRoy | 2020年1月8日

My rear seats have black from the seatbelt. Can’t seem to get it off, although I didn’t try very hard. Just a baby wipe.

Other than that, they look great and really pop. Can see “stress” or “stretch” marks in them, but I assume it’s the same in the black.

My only regret is getting white exterior with them. Saw a red exterior with white interior, instant regret.

kevin_rf | 2020年1月8日

My only regret is getting a black interior

andy.connor.e | 2020年1月8日

I wonder what interiors there will be for Cybertruck.

gparrot | 2020年1月8日

White on white for me too, no regrets whatsoever. Other than the fact I shoulda gotten a Model S LR...

nick-r | 2020年1月8日

Love my white interior in my Model 3. Cleans up easily and doesn't stain. I have a messy German Shepard that rides in the car frequently. No issues at all keeping it clean.

RichardKJ | 2020年1月8日

My 2014 Model S was silver/black (although I'm not a Raiders fan). I was waiting for the white interior to place my order for Model 3. It was always just a month or two away. I finally got tired of waiting and ordered blue/black for my wife in May 2018. My next Tesla will be white/white or blue/white or red/white.

Joseb | 2020年1月8日

I'm on the other side: I don't regret NOT getting white.
When I was at the Tesla dealer test driving them, I sat in a white interior one, and honestly as soon as I sat down I said "nope" I don't know if was just a very worn, older model, but it just felt very worn, and cheap, plus I have two very messy kids.

I agree from afar the white interior looks awesome, but the very little experience I had close up it was a big "no" for me.

So is black on black for me :-)

paulsurette71 | 2020年1月8日

I have the white interior with SR+.

Seats cleanup nicely with baby wipes. I've only had the car since Sept. '19 but love them, and no regrets.

Seats cleanup nicely with baby wipes. I've only had the car since Sept. '19 but love them, and no regrets.

rschimmer | 2020年1月8日

I have the black interior. I test-drove two cars one with black and one with white interior. On a sunny day here in SoCal - which is pretty much every day - I found the white just too bright.
For lack of better explanation it did not give me the feeling of the car disappearing around me when driving due to all the bright white shining from everywhere.
If I lived in an area with mostly cloudy days, I would have gone with white to brighten things up.

TranzNDance | 2020年1月8日

Got white interior in S, and then 3. Wouldn't have it any other color.

Rikinva | 2020年1月8日

Love the white interior and have ordered it to build a white/white Model 3, soon to be delivered. However, I am not crazy about the white decorative dash cover. I much prefer the regular woodgrain version and think it would look great with the white interior. Does anybody know if Tesla is willing to make that swap -- a woodgrain dash strip with an otherwise white interior?

Rikinva | 2020年1月8日

Love the white interior and have ordered it to build a white/white Model 3, soon to be delivered. However, I am not crazy about the white decorative dash cover. I much prefer the regular woodgrain version and think it would look great with the white interior. Does anybody know if Tesla is willing to make that swap -- a woodgrain dash strip with an otherwise white interior?

tom8959 | 2020年1月8日

White looks great - on other people's cars. For me, it's just a bit too jazzy. Black suits me fine - no regrets:)

cmh95628 | 2020年1月8日

Was a bit hesitant to get the white interior, being a bit of a neat freak. Happy I did. Cleans up incredibly easily. Adds to the "magical spaceship car" feeling. No regrets.

JAD | 2020年1月8日

@Rikinva, Tesla won't swap but other owners will. My neighbor traded his white dash for the wood dash of another car with black interior. Both owners were much happier and the process of swapping was quite simple.

Effopec | 2020年1月8日

I thought about white when I ordered, but decided against another upcharge. If I had known TSLA was going to do what it is doing now I would have gotten a P with white :) Would have been nice for these Texas summers.

Rikinva | 2020年1月8日

@JAD, thanks. Can you point me to a forum or site where other Tesla folks are looking to make a swap -wood grain dash cover for white?

Rippin1Gear | 2020年1月8日

I’m in the Seattle area if anyone regrets or wants to swap for my black interior... might consider cash on my end.

Haven’t talked to Tesla parts yet but maybe I might be able to just buy replacement skins in white and swap the skins.

Cswp4555TesM3 | 2020年1月8日

M3 SR+ Red with white interior and I love it. Cleans up easily with a microfiber cloth and warm water.

Varricks | 2020年1月10日

Just an echo. I have a black interior, just got another with white. The white is glorious. Nothing wrong with the black, but wow.

Shermtratten1 | 2020年1月12日

From Arizona would never get Black on Black because of my skin burning to the seats and steering wheel... so I have White on White love it very kool looking.
But it does not matter because you can keep the interior cool all the time... just get in a go no more towels on the steering wheel or seats!
It also keeps the MAGA hat wearers away too!

billlake2000 | 2020年1月12日

I don't understand why more people don't get plaid.

M3phan | 2020年1月21日

I don’t understand the MAGA reference...why does what keep them away?

ksrehman | 2020年1月21日

I love the white interior (red exterior too). It makes the inside feel more spacious and more like a spaceship and less like a dark German sedan interior. It reminds me of Heart of Gold from the 1980's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TV series.

crmedved | 2020年1月22日

My only annoyance is my favorite pair of blue jeans keeps staining them no matter how much I try to "seal" the dye... Probably gonna get rid of the jeans :(

Good news is I just put a bit of soapy water on the seat, wait a few minutes, and then wipe it off... vast majority of the blue comes off, easy.

NorthValley | 2020年1月22日

No regrets about white interior...however, what would have been the cherry on top of the cake is, on choosing the white interior, the option to have a black headliner instead of gray.

neylus | 2020年1月22日

The white interior gets all the love from strangers. It's undoubtedly the most attractive feature to the uninitiated. Drive-thru's are a hoot.