Forums

Registration delay problems

Registration delay problems

Just got off the phone with Tesla rep in Chicago. My temporary plate expires today. I called multiple times last week with regards to the delay in getting title and registration paper work. I only got through a couple times, but left messages when I did not. Kept getting the report that they were looking into it. I also have sent several emails. I have not gotten any call backs and only one email response-“looking into it.” Today, I was told that they have sent the info to the Michigan DMV and it was in their hands now. I asked about an extension for the temporary plate and was told they could not do that and to carry a physical copy of the sale should I get pulled over. I can’t believe this kind of service. I have read others getting delays and understand not everything works out, but they have to step up the customer service. At the very least keep the line of communication open and acknowledged.

bill | 2020年2月19日

I took ownership of my Model 3 on Nov 16th 2019. I received the tags and paper work on Dec15th, 2019. It does take a month to get them.