Forums

Text Messaging Setup for Samsung S8

Text Messaging Setup for Samsung S8

Has anyone had success getting their Samsung S8 phone connected for text messaging. I just received the update on my 2016 S-85.

I am not receiving any messages and when trying to send one get a message that I need Android v9 or higher (which my S8 has). I believe all standard permissions are set but the onscreen help does not match to what the Samsung and Google Message apps provide for permissions.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I hooked my wife's iPhone up and it worked great. Would love to get the same result.

Thanks in advance!

Brian

beady | 2020年1月31日

Fixed.

I did nothing and things started working as expected two days later.

S8 working as expected at this point.

murphyS90D | 2020年1月31日

As I walked up to the car, after installing 2020.4..1, my S9 phone asked for permission for something. Text messaging worked fine from that point on.

adamslighting | 2020年2月3日

So the Samsung S7 will not work for test messages with the MS?

marika.appell | 2020年2月3日

I tried today to get messaging working on a Samsung S8 and an S8+ and nothing works. Perhaps I need to wait a few days for the magic to happen. I have a 2017 mid June model S 100D.

PBEndo | 2020年2月3日

@marika
Do you have the latest firmware (2020.4.1)? Did you enable messaging on the Bluetooth connection in the car?
Text messaging works for both of my S8's in both of my Model Ses (2013 and 2017)

marika.appell | 2020年2月3日

Yes, it now works!! After installation of the new software you need to setup the Tesla Bluetooth for messaging. Then you need to walk away from the car and the phone disconnects. As stated by murphyS90D, the phone will ask for permission upon reconnecting with the car. That is the key step! I am quite pleased with the performance.

nipper2 | 2020年2月4日

So far I can not get texting to work on either of my two S 2016 and 2019 I have an I phone 11

sghanie | 2020年2月7日

@ Nipper, delete the phone from the List of Bluetooth devices in the car, also delete the car from the BT connection on the phone then re-pair it. I had this issue and worked after I deleted the BT connection and re-paired it.