Forums

Finally, an electric that steals you - Taycan

Finally, an electric that steals you - Taycan

ROTFL

They got that right :))

Lonestar10_1999 | 2020年2月2日

Maybe a competitor to the Roadster.

spuzzz123 | 2020年2月2日

Well, the commercial was kinda dumb. You notice that Porsche wouldn’t go as far as to suggest their Taycan could outrun their ICE models. But let’s be fair, buying a Super Bowl ad is not compliance car behavior. So let’s give credit where credit is due.

Lonestar10_1999 | 2020年2月2日

Now the GMC Hummer is all electric. I guess the Model X will have a competitor.

WW_spb | 2020年2月2日

Lol Hummer. Just like Ford's Mustang EV. They all playing catch up game and losing.

vmulla | 2020年2月2日

An electric that provides the least value for money - that is an electric that steals you ;)

Garyeop | 2020年2月2日

If only Tesla did Commercials. I can see a cybertruck going up a hill with a hummer electric on its back. Then the hummer owner saying thanks for the help. Tesla owner, who looks a lot like Musk, responds...the plan was always for us all to make it to the top.

WW_spb | 2020年2月2日

Maybe Taycan underreported range lol

spuzzz123 | 2020年2月2日

Audi eTron joins the fun...not bad, they pitted ICE as the clear enemy

jamilworm | 2020年2月2日

@spuzzz - I agree, that ad was in good EV spirit. But I immediately told my wife that you'd have to be pretty dumb to buy an eTron instead of a Tesla.

vmulla | 2020年2月2日

I had a big discussion with the others about EVs at our Superbowl party until things got interesting at the game.
It basically centered about how Tesla was winning BECAUSE they don't have an ad at superbowl.
Can anyone honestly say they had a good discussion about EVs without bringing Tesla into context?

kaffine | 2020年2月2日

I liked the Porsche tractor in the commercial.

andy.connor.e | 2020年2月3日

didnt watch the game

Atom12 | 2020年2月3日

What game?

AWDTesla | 2020年2月3日

It is a beautiful car. Like most Porsches.

Kary993 | 2020年2月3日

While the commercial was to promote the Taycan and EV technology, the real message was the rich history of all their performance cars....all those cars were the leaders of their time. They are saying they will dominate indirectly. At least in that category. Time will tell as VW Group starts down the EV path in a bigger way. That commercial was the short version, look on internet for the full version.

TeslaTap.com | 2020年2月3日

Even Ford ran a Mach-E commercial. Didn't count all the car commercials, but seemed like 1/2 were for EVs, which is cool.

Ads were $5.6M per 30 seconds!

rsingh05 | 2020年2月3日

So it’s a trade off between 30 seconds of ad time, or 5-10 FSD engineers for a year. Tesla is investing its money wisely.

Slonkis | 2020年2月4日

In Soviet Russia...

Sparky | 2020年2月4日

@Garyeop; that's a great concept for an ad. I like it! Tesla should make you the head of advertising, if they needed any.

coselectric | 2020年2月4日

It is a beautiful car.

If I had silly money, I'd find an EV rebuilder to retrofit a Taycan with Tesla electronics. Oh yeah, and a plaid powertrain. And... nevermind, I guess I'd just wait for a new Roadster.

andy.connor.e | 2020年2月4日

Im digging the stainless steel now. Probably wont buy another car with paint.

if they do their own independent study and it results in a larger range than the EPA could get, all its going to do is piss off customers more than Teslas do because that 10 mile trip is going to cost people 18 miles everytime, and people are going to throw their arms up alot higher. But hey, its their money.

FISHEV | 2020年2月4日

"if they do their own independent study and it results in a larger range than the EPA could get, all its going to do is piss off customers more than Teslas do because that 10 mile trip is going to cost people 18 miles everytime, and people are going to throw their arms up alot higher."

You have it backwards, Porsche has obviously put in a 20% cushion for the temp and speed issues that have such a big impact on EV range. The Taycan owners are going to be bragging about exceeding range in Summer and not seeing the 30% drop in range in Winter.

Now here's something that will warm the hearts of Teslerati, our Porsche Panamera PHEV owner was grousing he had to drop car off at Porsche for four hours to do an update. It was arduous. He drove to Porsche, they gave him keys to Cayenne Turbo S to drive and then drove his car to his house and picked up the Cayenne. All for just $125,000.

Can't see our Porsche Porcupine's holding out much longer, one of them is going to pop for the Taycan.

obviously

Scrannel | 2020年2月4日

Finally, an electric that blows you - Taycan. Finally...

WW_spb | 2020年2月4日

Keep on dreaming Fish

jimglas | 2020年2月4日

As usual, Fish is wrong

WW_spb | 2020年2月4日

Can't wait for my CyberTruck

Bighorn | 2020年2月4日

One of the guys Porsche paid to come to the European press junket was able to hypermile in SoCal. Stop the presses.

WW_spb | 2020年2月4日

So if Benz cut their production numbers bc of shortage of batteries, how will this effect MachE and Porsche?

Darthamerica | 2020年2月4日

It’s confirmed that Taycan gets more than enough range. It’s a rather silly and ignorant thing to argue about range in a car that can cover daily your driving needs, has a DC fast charging network and does what you want it to do. For example, Model S Long Range has a longer range than Taycan... but if I’m looking for a sports car then Model S is not really a great car for that. So it’s longer range is irrelevant.

jordanrichard | 2020年2月4日

Rikki-Tikki-Tavi, +1. Though “battery shortage” was the public reason given. From various reports from GErmany, the EQC is not selling very well.

Tronguy | 2020年2月4日

FISH is present.

Public Service Announcement:

FISHEV is a known troll of several years standing and several user
names who pushes an anti Tesla narrative. Please
take his opinions with a grain of salt, avoid any advice he may
suggest, and do not let him implant any Fear, Uncertainty, or Doubt
about Tesla or your car into your own opinion.

Tronguy | 2020年2月4日

And, to those who don't know this guy: He pushes any car, so long as it's not a Tesla.

WW_spb | 2020年2月4日

Said the Eagle Troll

Bighorn | 2020年2月4日

Porsche’s range estimator probably is close to the Edmund’s results when you plug in eco mode and country roads.

TeslaTap.com | 2020年2月4日

@FISH - that autoblog report shows exactly what everyone has been saying except for @Darth.

Yes, you can get more range when you drive slowly in any EV. Directly from the article about driving it: "with much of it in the 35-to-45-mph range". I'd guess in the Tesla you should be able to get 450 and maybe 500 miles if you're willing to drive at 35 mph.

From same article: "The Taycan’s consumption rating is 49 kilowatt-hours per 100 miles (kWh/100), which is frankly terrible.".

Once you read it you discover how bad the Taycan is. Sad really, as it had a lot going for it conceptually.

darth is back? definitely a short squeeze

jnordland | 2020年2月4日

Seriously the Taycan has what, a 95kw battery and we're supposed to be impressed that it was able to eek out 250 miles in ideal conditions???? And for the low low price of only two fully loaded Performance Model 3's that get 60-70 more miles of range in the same conditions with 20 less kilowatts of battery juice. Well golly I'm going to run out and buy one because Porsche!

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2020年2月4日

PSA: FEESHICE IS AN EVIL SUPPORTER OF TRADITIONAL CONVENTIONAL LEGACY ICE AUTOMOBILE MANUFACTURERS. HIS POSTS ARE DESIGNED TO MISLEAD AND ARE OFTEN FULL OF LIES REGARDING TESLA. BE WARY OF HIS POSTS. [IGNORE] THEM IF YOU CAN. THANK YOU.

vmulla: Strangely, the same basic cadence as GM's early advertisement for the Chevrolet VOLT...

"FINALLY, AN ELECTRIC CAR THAT RUNS ON GAS..."

[~*ICK*~]

Garyeop: Yeah, that would be cool. Would it be Claymation, Muppets, SuperMarionation, or LEGO computer animation...?

Kary993: That is a... generous viewpoint of Porsche's intent with the commercial. I found it funny myself. Still hate Porsche cars. I don't give a [FLAMING FIG] about tradition, heritage, craftsmanship, history, legacy, or any of the other marketing buzzwords they use in their commercials. I am still waiting for a traditional conventional legacy ICE automobile manufacturer to simply come out and lay it all on the line.

"ICE and fossil fuels are killing the world. So we have resolved to simply stop contributing to the problem. From now on, all our cars will be fully electric. Because battery electric vehicles are simply BETTER in all the ways that matter. Thank you for your support and consideration as we undertake this transition."

But... considering how they've dragged their heels, kicking and scratching, screaming bloody murder at the prospect for the past thirty years...? I won't be holding my breath at the possibility.

TeslaTap: Well the least that Ford did was sort of equivalent to the least that Volkswagen did. They each made fully electric versions of their most popular vehicles in the world for the U.S. market, in limited quantities, for a mere $20,000 premium over their ICE versions and with a drastically reduced range. The FOCUS Electric and e-GOLF. Yay...? Neither Toyota (Corolla) nor Honda (Civic) were willing to risk even that minimal effort. ;-)

coselectric: I think Porsche products are rather universally ugly, other than the Porsche 550 RS Spyder, 928 S4+, Cayman 718, and a few others. The Mission-e Concept from five years ago was stunningly beautiful. Its bastard Son, the Taycan, just looks like a Porsche. Dissapointing to me. But at least Porsche fans like it, I guess.

Darth[CRACKHEAD]: It is confirmed that crackheads who make such comments prefer to ride bicycles intead of driving.

Bighorn | 2020年2月4日

The Edmunds author and namesake apparently doesn’t understand the EPA efficiency figure which also includes losses from the wall. Pretty sad. Nepotism anyone?

lbowroom | 2020年2月4日

What?

-TheJohn- | 2020年2月4日

Flag and move on, flag and move on..

WW_spb | 2020年2月5日

Fish is tripping

AWDTesla | 2020年2月5日

You guys have no clue what Porsche is. Go drive one, then come back here and tell us its a better car than a Tesla.

Fanboi is strong in this one.

Scrannel | 2020年2月5日

Funny, back in 1989 I bought one of those limited production "no frills" Porsche Speedsters. Very down to earth car and the handling felt much like my M3P. Which is to say, really great.

AWDTesla | 2020年2月5日

Pretty impressive that their 31 year old car drives as nice as your 2020 Model 3, heh?

Now picture driving a new Porsche.

Nothing compares, and I LOVE my model 3.

WW_spb | 2020年2月5日

Now let's compare apples to apples. Which is Taycan EV VS Tesla Roadster. And now you see why Porshe blows big time

AWDTesla | 2020年2月5日

I wouldn't know. Either would you. You've obviously never driven a Porsche, and certainly haven't driven a roadster.

AWDTesla | 2020年2月5日

But yes, that will be the ultimate comparison. If the Roadster drives anywhere as good as the Taycan, Tesla will have a true drivers car in their line up. Which is amazing.

Pages