Forums

Windshield wipers on sale at Amazon

Windshield wipers on sale at Amazon

These seem like a fantastic value.

WJM Tesla Model 3 Windshield Wiper Blades (Set of 2) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VNJYHJS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_UPYtEbJEDJ80F

hamiltonned | 2020年2月21日

These got 17% one-star reviews: Wrong size, don't swipe the senso, etcr

hamiltonned | 2020年2月21日

sensor, etc

40milecommuter | 2020年2月22日

These are the wrong size

Lonestar10_1999 | 2020年2月22日

I just ordered a set for $10.99 with free shipping. Some reviews are positive and some negative. I will report back if they are good replacements for the M3.

If they truly are the incorrect size, Amazon will accept the returns.

Lonestar10_1999 | 2020年2月25日

So I just received the $10.99 blades from Amazon. I compared them to the blades that came with my M3.

The long blade compares well with the Tesla original. The short blade is shorter than the original, about a half inch at either end. I believe these blades will do a good job nonetheless.

I plan on keeping the blades but I won’t be installing them until my current blades wear out. Since I replaced my blades last week, it will be several months before it’s time to replace them again.

Big_Ed | 2020年2月25日

How often do most folks replace their blades?

I assume conditions the car are kept in (exposure to sun) are a big factor in lifespan, no?

Syed.Hosain | 2020年2月26日

@Big_Ed "How often do most folks replace their blades?"

For me, typically once a year. I like to have new ones when the rainy season starts around here (in Oct/Nov or so). This last time, I waited till January because the rainy season had not really started in earnest here yet.

I got a new (relatively) Michelin model called the Endurance XT Advantage and these are exceptionally good silicone wipers. As good as the Silblades I have used in the past, but those were more expensive on Amazon for some reason. Cost *about* $20 per side from Walmart web site.

rob | 2020年2月26日

I replace every year. Our rain starts in April so I'll replace then. Winters Austin are mild compared to others.

Frank99 | 2020年2月26日

Generally mine will last two years here in Phoenix, but I try to remember to replace them on all the vehicles every year, in July when the monsoons start. If I miss a year, I'll start seeing streaking during the occasional winter rain after a year and a half.