Forums

Upgrading Range

Upgrading Range

Is it possible to upgrade my SR model 3 to SR+? If so, is it some sort of over-the-air software update or is it an actual physics installation process?

RayNLA | 2020年2月24日

Best result are achieved via twitter by asking Elon.

lbowroom | 2020年2月24日

I thought the only way to get an SR was to downgrade it from an SR+. Now you want to go back?

stingray.don | 2020年2月25日

The difference is software not hardware. See if there is an upgrade option via the app. Otherwise contact Tesla and see if it is an option.

jboudle4 | 2020年2月25日

To: lbowroom

Yes, both are true. Wanting to “re-upgrade” back to SR+ because originally thought SR would be adequate for my commute. However, turns out it isn’t, and I am having to stop to charge due to extremely cold weather. Would like to not have to stop to make it home anymore.

jboudle4 | 2020年2月25日

To: stingray.don & jenniwinget606

I will look into this! Thank you!

crmedved | 2020年2月25日

@jboudle4 Not sure how old your car is, but there is a good chunk of battery degradation over the first year... then it slows the degradation a bit after.

Even if you upgrade to SR+, it might not be enough by next winter to make your commute anyway. I'm just advising to temper your expectations to prevent disappointment.

FISHEV | 2020年2月25日

Be nice of LR AWD 310 range cars could upgrade to LR AWD 322 range cars for the $500 price increase. I'd get back my range lost to current battery degradation.

lbowroom | 2020年2月25日

your battery isn't software limited. You want 322, get the 19" Gemini wheels and drive slower

FISHEV | 2020年2月25日

"You want 322, get the 19" Gemini wheels and drive slower"

Less efficient tires and drive slower? Why do that?

And it won't change the Rated Range of the car from 310 to 322 nor change the car's software to show the additional range.

andy.connor.e | 2020年2月25日

Oh no it wont change the software's number it displays to me. But your Wh/mi will decrease.

FISHEV | 2020年2月25日

"Oh no it wont change the software's number it displays to me. But your Wh/mi will decrease."

You don't own a Tesla and don't drive a Tesla so your views are based on zero facts or experience. So nothing "displayed to your" on a Tesla.

Haha this again? You own and drive a Tesla and you dont know that driving slower is more efficient? Wow what an owner!

"your views are based on zero facts or experience."

Not experience. Facts? Plenty. Tesla unfortunately got rid of their range calculator that you could adjust temperature and driving speed. But this is from their range tips.

https://www.tesla.com/support/range

"As you drive, be mindful of common reasons your range may decrease more rapidly:

High driving speeds
Stop-and-go driving
Short trips
Uphill travel
Inclement weather such as rain, snow and headwinds"

And if you understand electric motors, there is one gear. Which means the faster you drive the more energy required to overcome air resistance. Like a boat. BOOM. Look what a non-owner can find out when they want to know the answer!

FISHEV | 2020年2月25日

"Oh no it wont change the software's number it displays to me."

You state you own a Tesla above but you don't own one or drive one. Just attack actual owner's on Tesla Forum for their actual experiences vs. your pure non-owner fanboi fantasies.

lbowroom | 2020年2月25日

The Gemini wheels with a 235 width is more efficient than what you are running. How does changing the display change your range?

lbowroom | 2020年2月25日

Battery size, rolling resistance, temperature, speed, elevation change.... these are things that impact your range. Number on the dash is something that doesn't impact your range.

john.lernert1 | 2020年2月28日

Less efficient tires and drive slower https://treadmill-direct.com