Forums

How long will this last

How long will this last

Some Scientific data from Trump
https://imgur.com/gallery/KcuDzaN

derotam | 2020年3月31日

I'll answer the question... It will last until there is a vaccine, and really, it will last for a lot longer than that. I will note that I don't believe there is a fully viable vaccine for SARS-CoV1, or MERS-CoV...so I think it's going to be around for a while.

derotam | 2020年3月31日

"The Trumpettes invaded" - Fishev

No, SCCRENDO started this thread with an explicit jab against Trump, however right that jab was"

Then YOU FISHEV, in the FIRST response post, took a jab at Trump, you did it again in the 3rd post...

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

@derotam I'll answer the question... It will last until there is a vaccine"

Nope. Pandemics end when they burn through the population and enough become infected that a herd immunity develops and/or the infected are effectively isolated. We are not looking at elimination of the virus as you speculate above just a low enough infection rate and low enough hospitalization rate that we can get back to work.

In this context, we are looking for when Covid-19 will reach that point in population that R<1 (that's infection rate is less than 1) and we can get back to work.

We can also get R<1 with massive testing, identifying, isolating as Korea has done and continues to do.

US curves will match China and Korea curves June-July.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

andy.connor.e | 2020年3月31日

Almost every post is a jab at trump in some way. And if someones post is not either itself also a jab, or an agreeance with someones jab, then that person is automatically a maga hatter.

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

derotam | March 31, 2020 "The Trumpettes invaded"

Yes you are @andy.connor.e jumped into a thread based on facts and science and tried to defend Trump's incompetence. We can call him "a player to be named later" if you don't like the facts and evade taking personal responsibility for one's actions.

@derotam No, SCCRENDO started this thread with an explicit jab against Trump

it is impossible for any medical professional to not jab at the cause of the third world response to Covid-19 pandemic in the US. Trump is a continuing problem in US fight against Covid-19. As LMP's Trumps bad decisions and bad behavior put our lives at risk.

"Nurses Die, Doctors Fall Sick and Panic Rises on Virus Front Lines The pandemic has begun to sweep through New York City’s medical ranks, and anxiety is growing among normally dispassionate medical professionals."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/nyregion/ny-coronavirus-doctors-sick....

Note the "normally dispassionate". As we were closing our clinic, one of the former Trump docs was cursing Trump about the Trump/Limbaugh duet of "It's just the flu". Remember that?

When did i defend Trump? Im telling people to stop wasting their time with this literal nonsense, and in a time of crisis such as this to not waste their time negatively jabbing at someone and do literally anything and everything you can as an individual to try to be part of the solution that is going to solve this pandemic. I dont understand what the hell any of you feel you get out of hating the president all the time, every day. Such a complete waste of time if u ask me, its like watching a drama reality TV show. If you guys literally WANT to just hate trump every day of your lives for literally more than 5 years, and you're completely content with that and have zero desire to do anything more productive than that as far as trying to be a positive node in this country or even try to be the educated individual and try to help people who are either not educated or perhaps are in a panic to try to calm the populous. I feel like im arguing with a conflict of interest as if there is some sort of emotional need to just hate trump all the time. I dont see any personal benefit from that, as that doesnt help me as a person nor does it make our country stronger.

If you want to trash trump every day of your life and you're content with that, then there is nothing to discuss. I am trying to put the thought in peoples mind that there is a potential significant impact at the individual level that each person can have that ripples outward in orders of magnitude as i explained earlier with 1 person telling 10 people and so on. Idk, continue to just hate every day and see where that gets you in life. Does nothing for my development.

Sincerely,
Not a Tesla owner, a MAGA Hatter, and Trumpett

Since i've been trying to be a positive influence on people, all i do is get labeled some negative connotation like a maga hatter, and i've done effectively zero at saying trump is or is not in the right. Its like, all i have to do is tell people to stop their bitching storm and try to make a positive difference in this country in a much needed time and all i do is get labeled as a trump supporter. As if that somehow invalidates what i say, just like how FISH tries to invalidate me by saying im not a tesla owner.

0% solutions

100% politics

keep going you guys are making this country a better place.

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

@andy.connor.e "keep going you guys are making this country a better place."

Well two countries, three if you count SA along with CA and US.

We know we are making it a better place. That's why we got into health care.

you're doing great work to keep the pot stirring. keep up the good work

jimglas | 2020年3月31日

the best thing we can do for our country is to vote trump and his syncophants out
But there may be too many red state MAGAts to do that

SCCRENDO | 2020年3月31日

Yes it was a jab. In the age of Trump crimes, poor judgement and stupidity gets overlooked. It is time for the country to get back to truth, honesty and belief in science. Many a true word is said in jest. I posted the official Covid curve at the time Trump was saying that this would disappear in days. The jab part of it was him altering the map during hurricane season. We took poetic license and recorded what he was saying about Covid in his own scientific notation. Most of his crimes are whiter collar and political. But his purposeful negligence is likely costing the country and even the world countless lives and also countless dollars

sabbia | 2020年3月31日

Andy:

Do you agree that you are spending as much time behaving as if "the only objective truth is self" as the ones you are blaming for criticizing Trump who in your world that is created just as you round a corner are doing nothing else?

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

jimglas | March 31, 2020 the best thing we can do for our country is to vote trump and his syncophants out"

American people never voted Trump in, he lost to Clinton by 3M votes one of the wider democratic vote margins in US elections.

I think about 60k stay at home voters in some key states was all it would have taken along with the 3M democratic vote margin and Clinton would have won. People stayed home. Unless Trump and GOP can corrupt the upcoming election somehow, nobody is sitting out next election. Have to wonder if Putin is having 2nd thoughts about working to elect Trump. While Trump had the terrible effect on US that Putin hoped, Trump's incompetence has crashed oil prices which is Russia's main income source. Might have taught Putin a lesson. He wasn't expecting to get hit this by the blowblack of a wildly incompetent Trump.

@sabbia

I am not exactly sure what you are asking me.

WW_spb | 2020年3月31日

"FISHEV | March 31, 2020

Actually the resident medical staff on Tesla Forums were discussing projections on how long Covid-19 would last and providing good science based references"

Resident medical staff should be on front lines helping people and not wasting time here.

rxlawdude | 2020年3月31日

"Almost every post is a jab at trump in some way."

Because Trump is shaped like an orange punching bag (though soft as jelly)?

jimglas | 2020年3月31日

@WW RE: Resident medical staff should be on front lines helping people and not wasting time here.
--------------------
We are. F you and the hrse you rode in on.

WW_spb | 2020年3月31日

jimglas Highly doubt it. My uncle is Doctor in NJ and he has been busting his ass past few weeks in the Hospital full of Covid patients. If you are here you ain't doing shit.

jimglas | 2020年3月31日

I work weekends as a pinch hitter
Just finished up a 60 hour shift monday AM
as I said .........

jimglas | 2020年3月31日

I retired on 1/1/20
Just pitching in to help out

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

WW_spb | March 31, 2020 Resident medical staff should be on front lines helping people and not wasting time here."

Feel free to join us on the front lines. Lots of volunteers needed. Look at this way, you can start cleaning up the poopy mess Trump has created. Atonement for voting for Trump and causing a health and economic disaster in US.

"12 OHSU staff test positive for coronavirus, more tests pending"

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/03/12-ohsu-staff-test-positi...

SCCRENDO | 2020年3月31日

@WW_spb. I wasn’t kidding when I said that there is no cure for stupidity. Medical personal put their lives at risk. In a crisis it is best to have those with the expertise out there. And the rest of us should stay healthy. If the front line docs get overwhelmed and get infected then we step in. I am home practicing telemedicine. Most of my patients are long term and there is no need for most of them to come into the office to get exposed to possible corona virus. We try delay lab work if possible and I fill prescriptions on line and they can be delivered.

So tell us how your occupation is helping the pandemic.

WW_spb | 2020年3月31日

SCCRENDO, keep on calling everyone stupid tells more about you buddy as well as your friend jerk circle here with Fish and Maxxer. Carry on I won't be on the way of Trump hating.

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

@SCCRENDO So tell us how your occupation is helping the pandemic."

Hey...he's trolling in place.

SCCRENDO | 2020年3月31日

@WW._spd. I’m proud to be associated with Fish et al. Much better than hanging out with low intellect MAGA hatters.

SCCRENDO | 2020年3月31日

Btw. Your opinion is worthless. I could get a better opinion by flushing the toilet.

lol the more you talk to them, the more ignorance comes out

everyones a maga hatter. everyones a climate denier. When you have derogatory labels for all your opposing views, i can see why one would think their opinion is a superior viewpoint to others. Its kind of funny to see people speak with contempt while practically talking to themselves because whatever anyone says, theres some derogatory label so you dont have to listen to them. its a level of ignorance i dont see often.

SCCRENDO | 2020年3月31日

@Andy. The opposing views we are talking about are science and fact vs the pronouncements of half wits. I guess I see balance there. You seem like quite a sweet guy but you fill more than your fair average of posts. And sadly the more you post the less one is impressed that there is any sound reasoning or factual basis to what you say. I guess many of us are tired of pretending that you opinion is worth anything. Perhaps you would be better off inhaling your paprika.

FISHEV | 2020年3月31日

WW_spb | March 31, 2020. My uncle is Doctor in NJ"

You have a lot surrogate "uncles", is this the same "uncle" who was prisoner of Chicomms in Korea you were spinning self serving tales about in other threads?

You can't even make up stories about yourself for these hokey anecdotes.

As medical pros, we need to see fact based medicine and science, not Uncle Remus stories.

Here's some solid tracking data for you in case you are looking for the kind of reference that will have some credibility. As you see, US is now the worst in the world and will likely stay that way due Trump blunders from the beginning.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-cov...

WW_spb | 2020年4月1日

More lies from Fish bc I never said anything like that. You are biggest moron on earth with your fake doctor pretending to be heroes while sitting on Tesla forums. Bravo idiots you won.

WW_spb | 2020年4月1日

Fake doctors*

Wormtown Kris | 2020年4月1日

@Andy, this is just like TSLAQ. (I enjoy reading opposing views to stay aware). Have you ever viewed TeslaCharts or Mark B Spiegel etc on Twitter? Echo chamber. Anytime they get a non-boot licking reply or question, it's "Paul, put this bozo on the block list." They have tons of people blocked, so there is absolutely no way for factual Tesla news to get through. Then they just retweet each others' pictures of car dents, empty or full Tesla lots (depending on that day's narrative), and comments about how Musk commits fraud. Everything Elon has ever done is evil. No objective thinking at all. This is exactly the same thing here. I never said anything complimentary about Trump, but I am a MAGA hatter. Every moderate in America is a MAGA hatter. Not surprising the FISHY legion brought it's TSLAQ tactics over here after failing to get any traction with the various Bolt, Kia Stinger, Mach-E rah-rah stuff.

FISHEV | 2020年4月1日

Lets keep to topic fellas which is "When will this {Trump Pandemic] end". To even guess at that we look epimediology facts and figures.

it's looking like sometime in June for US overall and differ by state. These facts and figures are why Trump suddenly gave up the "It's the flu. Be happy" and was forced to admit to likely 240,000 deaths. That project has gone in the last week which is why Trump had to admit to it and bring Fauci back to the Covid-19 briefings.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/projections

We are still not mass testing so US numbers keep going up as testing is key to finding and isolating to slow infection rate.

Estimated ventilator shortage was 26,000 a few day ago and is now 31,000.

derotam | 2020年4月1日

@FISHEV: still referencing Trump while at the same time trying to keep the discussion scientific? Care to enlighten us as to the scientific data to link Trump to the/any PANDEMIC, vs China?

WW_spb | 2020年4月1日

Nah he ain't got shit on that. Other than call Trump racist bc he banned travel from China to US in the end of January.

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月1日

"And sadly the more you post the less one is impressed that there is any sound reasoning or factual basis to what you say."

Ya you're right. Theres no reasoning in try to do anything you can in your power at the individual level to help. Maybe im more focused on finding solutions than focusing on who to blame.

@Wormtown

Precisely. You dont even have to be a part of the discussion, you have to just not be interested in the political polarization aspect and then you're immediately labeled, and you're actively against them. It makes it easy to not have to respond or address what people say that oppose your opinion.

sabbia | 2020年4月1日

Andy asks "I am not exactly sure what you are asking me."

You have been posting how people are wasting all their time posting about Trump. You complain that instead people should be working on solutions. You base that complaint on what you read here in the forum. And so, when I ask you if your think, "the only objective truth [is] self" I am asking you if you think this forum is the entire universe.

It's a well known condition. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism_syndrome

Even if people are spending a lot of time on Trump, you must admit that you yourself are spending a great deal of time and posts drawing attention to it.

sabbia | 2020年4月1日

If you want leadership to tell you when this pandemic will end, you have to look at leadership. Per capita spread in the US much less than South Korea. Total deaths in US now more than China a country roughly five times US size. If your leadership says 15 cases going to zero, you are not going to marshal your country's resources. When you say that people are demanding action only to make you look bad, well, that's when you look very bad.

When you don't use the Defense Procurement Act (DPA) to require manufacture of ventilators you have failed the leadership test.

When you force doctors to reuse masks or when you tell them to use bandannas you cause Americans to die.

When your response to people's interest in how-the-hell are we going to deal with this...when your response is your TV ratings ... then you have not only failed at leadership you have failed at being human.

And now it's clear that even the US Senate failed when it didn't remove this walking high crime and misdemeanor in January.

SCCRENDO | 2020年4月1日

@sabbia. I think Trump and all his MAGA hatters suffer from solipsism.

@sabbia

Im not sure what makes you think, that i think this is the entire universe. There are a handful of people, probably about 20 that regularly post.

FISHEV | 2020年4月1日

derotam | April 1, 2020 Care to enlighten us as to the scientific data to link Trump to the/any PANDEMIC, vs China?"

Here's the data on US response based on Trump policies (saying it was "no worse than flu"...you do remember that don't you) vs. Xi Jinping's response in China. By the data, Xi's response has worked. Trumps has not.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/infection-trajectory-flattening-the-cov...

China and Korea lead the world in success in fighting the Covid-19 virus while US is leading in most cases and most deaths, traceable directly to Trump not listening to his NSC warning in early January. China's excellent response and results can be traced to Xi's taking his intelligence and medical teams advice and responding.

WW_spb | 2020年4月1日

China numbers can't be trusted just like North Korea numbers, Iran or Russia. They all lie to their own and to the world.

jimglas | 2020年4月1日

looks like turkey is edging ahead of us for worst virus containment.
I am sure we can do worse that them with a little effort

And the NSC warned trump in december ...

derotam | 2020年4月1日

this is funny

FISHEV | 2020年4月1日

WW_spb | April 1, 2020 China numbers can't be trusted just like North Korea numbers, Iran or Russia. They all lie to their own and to the world."

Trump leads the world in lying. He can't speak without lying and every Trump statement has to be immediately vetted for the top lies so American public can get reliable information. That never comes from "It's the flu" Trump.

China leads the world in having lowest infection and death rate.

Heres a great article about a US teacher living in China and how China effectively dealt with Covid-19.

"I have now been out of quarantine for almost 40 days -- and life is far from normal. Even though the virus hit China around Christmas and rose exponentially until mid-February, life as we knew it is just seeing dawn three months later."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/01/opinions/china-coronavirus-end-quarantine...

On the "Yellow Peril" political pitch by Fox/Trump for the 2020 election, this article exposes their scam. Her's a libera US human rights organizer, a former US Congress executive telling CNN what is going on on the ground in China. Trumpers, not have any experience, don't know how much interaction there is between US citizens and Chinese citizens. All they know about China is what Fox News tells them. We have a sister clinic we are helping set up China. We have business partners there we talk to daily on how we are going to adapt to the Covid-19 issues.

On the overall medical stats, WHO is quite confident of China's numbers as they too have staff on the ground.

Had Trump not fired the US-China Pandemic liaison officer, the US would likely have gotten warnings much earlier as all in China knew it. Classic Trumpers, close the pandemic office and then complain they got no pandemic Info from China.

sabbia | 2020年4月2日

@Andy. When you say that posters here are not participating in helping, you are basing your observation on the worlds that is created in front of you. If you haven't done it yet, look at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism_syndrome. Please follow that up with a report on what you are doing to help.

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月2日

Im basing the observation on what people are talking about in this thread. I see everyone trump bashing, and i look at that as unproductive and try to offer another way to possibly make this national issue a little bit better. If everyone was taking individual level efforts towards solutions, everything could be a little bit better for everyone. I do the same outside these forums.

andy.connor.e | 2020年4月2日

Report on what i am doing to help.

Well, im not necessarily down at the hospital or soup kitchen. But i've taken the effort to talk to my companies office manager about how important it is that we get ahead of the curve and start sending people home now, and later that day a company wide email went out saying they're allowing people to work from home if they'd like to.

I went through my contacts in my phone and started messaging everyone that is close to me about staying home, limit going out, do not panic, wash your hands always and dont touch your face. Its helped a few people already talking to them and reassuring them that the staying home portion is going to SUCK, but what will suck alot more is dealing with the aftermath of not staying home as a populous. I have shared my inventory of supplies and told anyone if they run out or have surplus to reach out.

Ever heard of that NextDoor website? Im doing the same things on that website with people who are making posts about anything relating to covid.

You and i dont have to agree @sabbia, but in my mind, i see what i am doing as infinitely more productive at making things better than trump bashing. I wonder sometimes what it would be like if everyone did that.

Staying home is helpful too. Been out once in the past 2 weeks, and when i did go to the store i had a mask on. Im going into extreme repetition with this so i am done. Said just about everything i can.

Pages