Forums

Have to reboot to get out of screen cleaning mode.

Have to reboot to get out of screen cleaning mode.

A couple updates ago I noticed when I go into screen cleaning mode the icon I normally touch in the middle of the screen to terminate screen cleaning mode doesn't show up. I believe it said something like "hold for 3 seconds".

Now the screen is completely black. I've tried touching and holding the screen where the icon used to be with no luck. If I do a scroll wheel reboot when the screen comes back up under "display" it's set to "night". I have reset it to auto several times, and I can duplicate the problem every time. When I go back to the display settings it's once again set to night. I've also done a complete power down and still have the same problem.

I'm assuming this is a bug but haven't heard of anyone here mentioning it. On that note, I tried doing a bug report on the car by pressing and releasing the right scroll wheel, stating bug report, described the issue, and it tried to navigate to "bug".

Seems too trivial to call Service...just wondering if others have seen the same issue.

August 2018 build, LR RWD, H2.5 FW version 2020.12.1 (4-7-2020 @ 2:40 pm EST downgraded to 2020.8.3)

jordanrichard | 2020年4月6日

While I don't have a Model 3, this trick may work. Over the years there have been times when I did a reboot on my MS and even one time it did one on it's own, the center screen remained black. By opening the driver's door, the center screen came on. It happened so rarely that I never bothered with having it checked out.

gmr6415 | 2020年4月6日

@jordanrichard, I'll give it a try.

jd4714 | 2020年4月6日

Mine is a October 2018 build, LR AWD , 2020.12.1 and I have the same issue. There was a post not too long ago about this and haven’t heard anything since.

gmr6415 | 2020年4月6日

@jd4714, Thanks. I missed that post. Clearly a bug then.

icarusuki | 2020年4月6日

This happened to me yesterday on my 2020 Model 3, 2020.8.2.

I popped it into drive and back to park to get my screen back.

Bluesday Afternoon | 2020年4月6日

I also opened the door the other day and the active screen returned.

gmr6415 | 2020年4月6日

@Bluesday Afternoon, After @jordanrichard suggestion I tried opening the door and it didn't work. I haven't tried putting it into drive and back into park as @icarusuki has suggested.

Obviously from others having the same issue it's a bug, and it will get fixed in the future. It's an annoyance more than anything, but it needs to be fixed.

It's kind of one of those dancing cars things from months ago. That was an embarrassment when others not familiar were in the car....glad that one was finally fixed.

Bluesday Afternoon | 2020年4月6日

Just tried screen clean mode and got out of the car, closed the door and got back in the car. Screen reset. Not the best fix and there’s got to be a better way.

walnotr | 2020年4月7日

Nobody had mentioned stepping on the brake to see if the screen would come back. I just went out to try it and found it didn’t work either.

What I did notice on the clean was a very faint paragraph explaining screen clean mode and below it, the button to exit. It is located on the left third of the screen and is very hard to see. I think the only reason I noticed it is because it is very overcast here today and inside the car was dark enough to actually see the verbiage . . . if you squint.

T_Scheen | 2020年4月7日

@walnotr
Just went out to my car as well (got nothing to do anyway).
Hitting the break did the trick, screen went on in order to show me Pin-to-drive.
Tried a second time.
Now hitting the break did NOT switch on the screen in order for me to enter the pin. Obvious, because I already did that in first try.
So now I switched gear into D, and the screen went on again.
Bottom line: There is no reset required, at least for me, I'm on 2020.8.3

walnotr | 2020年4月7日

Forgot to mention, I’m on 2020.12