Forums

Setting chairs I do not count you have to be present

If I go to a store location and chairs are sitting out with no one present I will put my chair in front of theirs
AND I WILL BE PRESENT ALL NIGHT
YOUR THOUGHTS PLEASE

NKYTA | 2016年3月30日

Unless they are on a brief bio-break in the bushes, you are first.

This isn't a free fireworks show folks!

Didn't think it was possible, but my Tesla Grin just got bigger, and it is my wife ordering the 3. Wowsers.

gwolnik | 2016年3月30日

I'm bringing a friend and 2 chairs so we can take turns going to the bathroom if we need to. I agree that unattended chairs don't count, just push them aside. Hopefully there won't be any "line rage!"

danCE | 2016年3月30日

Just to take a "counter" view here, there is a time-honored tradition in snow belt cities called "Dibs" - after a snowfall, if you take the time to clear a space on the street for your car, you can put a couple of pieces of old furniture there and call dibs on the space. If anyone dares take it, they risk having their car damaged in some way, or perhaps a hose run over it for a while so that by next morning, it's encased in ice. Some people might argue that if they took the time to come to the store and put a chair down, they are claiming a position in line.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't really make a difference if you're 1st or 3rd or 10th in line; the final determination of when you finally get your car depends on so many other factors that have been endlessly discussed here.

So take the first spot and sit in it all night. But be prepared for possible complaints tomorrow morning.

Shesmyne2 | 2016年3月30日

And no saving a space for 'your friend' who's meeting you...

Still Grinning ;-)

Darryl | 2016年3月30日

If the person is gone 5-10 minutes that's ok, everyone has to take a break now and them. But if they are gone longer than that the chair (and the person) goes to the end of the line.

Captain_Zap | 2016年3月30日

There is reports of some Tesla stores offering coffee and bio breaks for those that have been waiting.

eppyranch | 2016年3月30日

I am number 17 in line in Santa Barbara California there is three people that are not present just their chairs. WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???

Thank you

bj | 2016年3月30日

@Captain_Zap - in Sydney this morning the store staff were handing out chocolate and blueberry muffins, choc chip cookies, and taking coffee orders for everyone in the queue. They literally had pen & paper, took down people's orders, and went across the road to the coffee shop and had the order filled. How about that for service? And if someone needed to temporarily vacate their spot, those in the queue next to them kept their position. We're pretty chilled that way.

Gen3Joe | 2016年3月30日

Man I wouldn't want to be waiting in your line. I've been here for 5 hours and just took a 15 minute break with my dad. Everyone in line here is watching out for each other. We have formed a little community.

hsadler | 2016年3月30日

@eppyranch
'I am number 17 in line in Santa Barbara California there is three people that are not present just their chairs. WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???'

Simple... every hour have the line relocated. People that have abandoned will no longer have a space 'reserved' by a chair.

carlk | 2016年3月30日

@eppyranch
WHAT WOULD YOU DO ???

Consider the chair yours. If someone comes back just thank him of his kindness and return the chair but not the place to him. Just thank him if he's bigger than you.

GSP | 2016年3月31日

If you are #18 in line, why make a scene over three empty chairs? Just enjoy the experience and let your fellow tesla customers enjoy as well. It will make no difference if you are #1 or #18 in line today, just get your order in before the 8:30 PM PT reveal.

GSP