Forums

Elon Started on Time! Was That an Omen?

Elon Started on Time! Was That an Omen?

I was telling my girlfriend right before the event "it will be interesting to see if they begin on time, as he was over 2 hours late for the Model X event. May be a sign as to whether or not the 3 will be delivered on time." I was pleasantly surprised when the event began right at 8:30pm.

GM is beating Tesla to the punch with a 200 mile full EV at 35k, deliveries starting a full year before Elon even says he can deliver the first Model 3.

Tesla guys, this is analogous to the kid who's smart, but always late in high school. You've been late many many times, all your teachers let it slide because they recognize your intellect. But tomorrow, you have to get to school by 7am to take your SATs. If you show up at 7:05, the doors will be locked, you will have to wait another year to go to college, and it will affect your whole future life.

Time to step it up and deliver on time, Tesla!!!

milesbb | 2016年4月1日

I was very pleased as well. Musk is now showing some respect for the public. The X event was very very irritating. I hope you are right and the Model 3 stays on schedule. I almost missed the role out thinking I should check in around 9:30.

JeffreyR | 2016年4月1日

Definitely a big improvement over the Model X Event. Someone must have let the folks know that being over an hour late would really annoy a lot of people. Be interesting to hear the next quarterly call. I wonder if they will publish how many views they got.

Haggy | 2016年4月1日

I thought it was about two minutes late. I suppose if you count shots of the audience, it was on time.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月5日

There are no coincidences. All happens as it will. Omens and portents bring the unexpected in manners unprepared for...

TaoJones | 2016年4月6日

Gotta start somewhere. The CEO being on time for his own event is certainly preferable.

I forget how late he was for the Powerwall event; something about the Prime Minister of Japan.

Consistency is a harbinger of success. If he's on time for the 2nd reveal, that's enough of a pattern for me :).

I'm still impressed at his recent impromptu seemingly hours-long Twitter AMA. What other CEO, let alone billionaire CEO would do that?

The future is bright, and our driving future is indeed in good hands.

kzodz | 2016年4月6日

Let's just hope that the ≡ is on time

carlk | 2016年4月6日

When he says lessons learned he means it. He never makes the same mistake twice. I believe it is an omen for things we can expect for the model 3.

PhillyGal | 2016年4月6日

I firmly believe they will begin deliveries on time. Ramping up from production car #1 to #273,001 may take longer than reservation holders are willing to wait but I still believe a car will be delivered in late 2017.

jordanrichard | 2016年4月6日

hatetoShift, GM has not beaten Tesla at anything set. Until you can order/sit in a Bolt at your local Chevy dealership, with an EPA rate range (vs GM's own numbers) of 200 miles, they have not beaten Tesla. However, let's say come this November you can go to your local dealer and look at/order one, it is still a hollowed victory. All GM will be able to do and they said this at their unveiling of the concept Bolt, was that they will be/are the first to have a mass market EV with real range. Congratulations!!, but no one wants it. GM could have easily taken reservations for the Bolt like Tesla did, yet they didn't. Why? I suspect because it would be extremely embarrassing for them when the numbers were uber low.

finman100 | 2016年4月6日

oh, THAT would be epic! "come one, come all, line up right here for the Bolt pre-order". crickets. Priceless. Go Tesla!

Red Sage ca us | 2016年4月7日

General Motors wanted to do what they have always done -- show off to the rest of the traditional automobile industry. They'll probably spend every bit as much money as Tesla Motors does on Model ☰ to bring the BOLT to market... But waste it on a front-wheel-drive econobox with only a 30,000 unit annual Production. That amounts to only 0.3% of their annual Capacity. Hardly even a rounding error. But, the way that CARB and EPA rules are constructed, GM will be able to build all the 5.7-to-6.3 liter displacement V8 vehicles they like as a result.