Forums

TSLA of Monday morning

TSLA of Monday morning

How much do you expect the market to respond to the hiring of Peter Hochholdinger from Audi AG for the Model 3 mass production?

Went from $140 to $265 with from February to April with all the fuss around the Model 3 announcement but do you expect it will bounce back from $205 with a big player as VP of production?

vp09 | 2016年5月15日

It's at $208 now-- I'd put in a market buy order for the morning, but I just withdrew all my cash to pay for a Model S90D.

EVolution | 2016年5月15日

I think I'll do that with my model 3 cash, my turn out to add some options on it

Haggy | 2016年5月15日

I think it will go up, but I'm not planning to sell any shares in the next few years or decades, so I don't much care what happens in the short term. Strange things have happened, and sometimes things go down when they should go up. My only short term activity is put writing. If it stays above $200, I'm in the clear. Otherwise I'll end up getting more shares at a good price and can sell them when they go back up. So far it's been years that people have been betting against Tesla and I've been profiting.

david.jones24 | 2016年5月15日

When they raise capital, the price will naturally fall due to dilution. I plan to buy shares after the initial drop from the share offering.

david.jones24 | 2016年5月15日

When they raise capital, the price will naturally fall due to dilution. I plan to buy shares after the initial drop from the share offering.

sp_tesla | 2016年5月15日

"Haggy | May 15, 2016
My only short term activity is put writing.

+1, wise & smart strategy. You must have very low or negative basis by now.

Will you consider creating TM investment fund.

Ross1 | 2016年5月16日

Although shares rose from $140 to $265 this year, they had previously fallen from $265ish since August 2015

Al1 | 2016年5月16日

The expected fall in price due to dilution may already be factored in. Prices went way up with announcement of Model 3 reservations and went down upon announcement of new and more ambitious production plans / future raise in capital / leaving of couple of production execs.

I think the market will view the news as positive in general, but short term movements are very hard to predict.

mntlvr23 | 2016年5月16日

And the answer (part 1) is: it opened +0.4% and over the first 5 minutes bopped between +1.0% and +1.5%.. We will see what the day brings.

EVolution | 2016年5月16日

I'm at +2.25% now, my model 3 just got a supercharger option included

mntlvr23 | 2016年5月16日

....... and for the end of day, the stock was up only +0.33%, essentially a negligible blip for this wide swinging stock. Not much of a response, if any at all.

Mike83 | 2016年5月16日

After hours up $1.87. Gotta be quiet and hope it doesn't jump too much.

vp09 | 2016年5月16日

From 208 to 208.

Warren Buffet is right. Buy and don't sell.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年5月17日

GOOG, F, HMC, IBM, MSFT, and VOW3/VLKAY all down by at least 1% today, along with TSLA. It's the market, Charlie Brown. Not a vacuum.

mntlvr23 | 2016年5月17日

Yesterday, TSLA closed up 0.33% when the market closed up over 1.0%
Today, TSLA closed down 1.75%, when the market closed down around 1.0%

TSLA underperformed the market both days.
It means nothing in the long term - but does show no overly exuberant reaction to the new hire ......

(or to start a conspiracy theory ... perhaps the hiring deal was essentially sealed in mid-February - and hence the late winter run up !?!?!?!) ;)

EVolution | 2016年5月21日

happy with the +5.80% this week