Forums

Rear seat configuration

Rear seat configuration

I would like to ask for a 4-seat configuration option (if Tesla is reading this). I have never like the second-row-3-seat configuration in any car.

pithunder | 2016年6月8日

I meant to say 2-rear-seat configuration. Total of 4 for the car.

yongliangzhu68 | 2016年6月8日

Tesla offered a 2 seat rear option in the MS. However it must not have been very popular since it is no longer available. There is virtually no chance of that being offered at all in a lower end (or mid range) car like the M3.

Tarla's Driver | 2016年6月8日

The executive seats in the Model S had several restrictions. I don't think they folded down for storage. If you selected them, you couldn't get the rear-facing seats. The regular configuration can fit three adults in the back seat (I've done it), though it's a touch tight. I can understand why very few people chose the executive seats.

For the Model 3, however, the car isn't as wide, so the middle seat won't work for an adult. If they had the executive seat option (4 seats instead of 5-ish seats), and you could still fold them down for storage with the trunk, then I would see that being a reasonably popular option. At this point, though, I suspect they're focusing on getting one design done right.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年6月8日

OP: You can always get thinner Friends, or put your Family members on a diet...

jimmyjthetoolman | 2016年6月8日

I don't care if it's 3 or 2 in the back seat but I hope they fold down flat for storage. I don't think there is a ton of storage in front and rear especially when most of us order all wheel drive.

Badbot | 2016年6月8日

they will fold

CraigW | 2016年6月8日

IMO - the Model 3 should have more storage room than a BMW 3 Series. I don't think it is possible to bring out a single model that will satisfy all consumers, but at 500,000/yr I suspect Tesla will have more problems keeping up with the demand.

yongliangzhu68 | 2016年6月8日

Pre Internet: You can please some of the people all of the time and you can please all of the people some of the time.

Post Internet: You can please a couple of people for a couple of minutes. :)

jordanrichard | 2016年6月8日

Elon said you will be able to put a surf board inside the car. I also thought I read somewhere that Tesla said you will be able to fit a bike inside the car.

Badbot | 2016年6月8日

you ever see the bike a clown rides?
fits a glove box

Red Sage ca us | 2016年6月10日

jimmyjthetoolman: I'm sure the rear seats will fold as 'flat' as those in a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla sedan...

CraigW: Yeah. I think it will have unmatched headroom in class and will have a very good amount of legroom. My guess that on volume it will be classified as Midsize by the EPA.

wj: +1! Indeed.