Forums

Exterior style of Model 3 (for those who talk about Mazda 3)

Exterior style of Model 3 (for those who talk about Mazda 3)

I will tell you why I think the Model 3 design is going to be a riot:

First of all, I have seen some comments comparing the Model 3 to the Mazda 3. That is absurd.
I could apply similar logic and say the Toyota Corolla and its boxy format is similar to the BMW 3 series.

The Mazda 3 looks and it is a cheap looking car.

In my view the Model 3 is more comparable to a small version of the Porsche Panamera.
The Model 3 based on photos resemble a mix between a Porsche and a bettle. Great choice. Few cars have that round look.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年10月2日

Uhm... Franz Von Holzhausen worked at Mazda until he left them in 2008 to become head designer at Tesla Motors.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年10月2日

Oh, yeah... Franz also worked for Volkswagen earlier in his career and was partly responsible for the New Beetle.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1042446_franz-von-holzhausen-brings...

MarlonBrown | 2016年10月2日

I know all that. So what is your point? Just because he designed the Model S it doesn't mean the car is at the same category of Mazda for God's sake.

MarlonBrown | 2016年10月2日

I meant, a Mazda 3.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年10月3日

MarlonBrown: It is not an absurd styling comparison. I do believe the Mazda 6 is a better comparison, though. Franz may not have designed either of those current Mazda products. But he did introduce a styling language at Mazda that endures to the present time in their product line. There are styling cues he likes to use in his car designs, and luckily, they all look good. So there will certainly be some familiarity from one of his vehicle designs to the next, even if they are different configurations.

The original Porsche Panamera is dead dog ugly as [FLOCK]. Comparing any of Franz's designs to that fundamentally decrepit piece of $#!+ is an absolute insult to his skill. The recent redux of the Panamera seems as if it will be much less offensive, though.

Personally, I think that at a glance, people will find a lot more in common between the Tesla Model ☰ and Hyundai Elantra than they will with the Mazda 3.

Linemanap | 2016年10月6日

As long as it doesn't look like a leaf a prius a volt or an i3 oh or a pinto I'm in.

Linemanap | 2016年10月6日

It's funny I didn't know anything about model3. I was researching the powerwall when i came across the model3 reveal on YouTube. Now im totally hooked on everything Tesla is doing. I wonder how many millions of people just like me there are out there. All they need is a taste