Forums

Why doesn't Arkansas have any superchargers?

Why doesn't Arkansas have any superchargers?

I can't understand why Arkansas doesn't have any superchargers. It is in the geographic center of the USA and I-40 goes from coast to coast. If there were superchargers in Little Rock and Fort Smith, you could pretty much go coast to coast on I-40.

It's like Arkansas lost a bet or really made someone at Tesla mad. I've had my 85D for over a year and a half and I've pretty much been blocked from going anywhere except as of late Tulsa and Kansas City. If I wanted to add two hours of driving (plus the added charge time) I could make it to Dallas. It's lucky I have other cars to drive, but if you want a Tesla in Arkansas to go beyond anything local you're pretty much screwed.

DTsea | 2016年12月15日

you are being silly.

look at supercharge.info and tesla supercharger forecast. it is very obvious that SC routes will run through arkansas... texarkana just got permitted as did nashville.... filling that route wi be arkansas highways

Earl and Nagin ... | 2016年12月15日

Unfortunately, I-10 and I-40 seem to have drawn the unlucky tickets as the last Interstates to get Supercharger coverage. While I understand it is no consolation to AAR residents, it is an understandable problem since Tesla can't reasonably be expected to install a nationwide infrastructure overnight. They have to prioritize somehow. Logically, it has to be where the majority of their owners live and drive. This means that those off the beaten paths will lag
On the positive: rural superchargers aren't plagued by overuse by locals like they are in the dense areas so the OP's experience will be better when I-40 does get covered.

DTsea | 2016年12月15日

i meant memphis not nashville

SamO | 2016年12月15日

Bill Clinton
Little Rock Nine
Walmart
Cheese dogs
Johnny Cash

Bighorn | 2016年12月15日

I've been to every state in the lower 48, except Arkansas. I'm sure it seems special if you live there--to the rest of us, not so much.

High Plains Drifter | 2016年12月15日

It works like electoral votes, It's based on the number of Teslas that were actually sold "IN" that state.

Red Sage ca us | 2016年12月16日

Maybe they are in a three way staredown contest with North Dakota and Alaska. First to blink is the last to get a Supercharger.

Fast Girl | 2017年4月12日

Maybe it makes sense to someone to base installation of supercharger locations on sales of the area, but I'm guessing that most local people don't run out to charge their car at a supercharger. They do it at home. It makes more sense to base the installations on traffic if we are talking about locations near an interstate. It's the people traveling through there like me who use them, not so much the local people. Tesla should at least have a couple spread out on the interstate in Arkansas. When I make my trips across the area, I just avoid Arkansas altogether until there are supercharges along the interstate. I'll take an alternate route that is almost the same mileage to get to my destination. Bottom line, Arkansas loses business along the way.

carlgo2 | 2017年4月12日

Deliverance.

Fast Girl | 2017年4月12日

Deliverance? I don't understand

Bighorn | 2017年4月12日

It's a film.

David N | 2017年4月12日

Where is Arkansas anyway?

( just kidding)

Nexxus | 2017年4月13日

Deliverance was set in Georgia, not Arkansas.

Nexxus | 2017年4月13日

Oh, and why doesn't West Virginia have any super chargers?

fholley | 2017年4月13日

WV does have a Supercharger and two more are on the way.

Bighorn | 2017年4月13日

@Nexxus
You made the same incorrect claim last week--did you miss the responses?
I've been to all of the lower 48 except Arkansas and it has nothing to do with supercharger placement. Least important state in my experience.

NKYTA | 2017年4月13日

BH, now I'll have to go. :-p

Bighorn | 2017年4月13日

Oh, I'll go, but not because I want to:) Gotta break 300 somehow!

NKYTA | 2017年4月13日

:-)

Fast Girl | 2017年4月16日

"Nexxus - Deliverance was set in Georgia, not Arkansas."

Right, and that is why I was not understanding Bighorn's post. I couldn't figure out what Deliverance had to do with Arkansas. ;-)

Bighorn | 2017年4月16日

@FG
Yeah I know--figured it was poetic license:)

SamO | 2017年4月16日
Garyeop | 2017年4月16日

The cultural literacy of the American edges disappoints me. Deliverance was shot in northern Georgia and on plot happened on an imaginary river but everyone who had family displaced or land taken by imminant domain knew it reflected the TVA (look it up). If I were not a Liberial Redneck (As in other cultures, only we can use that word) then I too would wish Trump on you all. A pox on both your houses.

If you could see me, my face would show honest disappointment yet acceptance of the shortcomings of brothers in arms. Text is always cold.

Red Sage ca us | 2017年4月16日

There is apparently something under construction now in the Little Rock AR area per Supercharge.info:

11231 Bass Pro Parkway off of I-430
Elevation ____ 312 ft
GPS ________ 34.661582, -92.410495
Hours _______ 24/7
Stalls ________ 10

Fast Girl | 2017年4月17日

Where do you find this info? For now, I have to avoid going through Arkansas on I40 because too far from OK to TN with no close superchargers. I'd prefer to go that route in future if more superchargers are in Arkansas along I40

Bighorn | 2017年4月17日

Click on the construction cone on the map at supercharge.info

carlgo2 | 2017年4月17日

Far out, garyeop! My bad on Deliverance. My apologies to the people of Arkansas. Got a banjo tune on iTunes. Awesome. Some mighty skilled musicians.

DTsea | 2017年5月23日

Bump! Little Rock SC now open!

RedPillSucks | 2017年5月23日

Maybe the person mapping out SC locations was from Kansas,
and didn't want any based in the arch-enemy of his state.

*please don't hurt me*

DTsea | 2017年5月24日

Redpill thats funny!

2kids10horses | 2017年5月26日

The kid playing the banjo was a local kid in Clayton, GA. He couldn't play the banjo a bit. All that is cropped in.

He still lives in Clayton, and is a minor celebrity.

He washes dishes in a restaurant for a living.

Rocky_H | 2017年5月30日

@2kids10horses, Quote: "The kid playing the banjo was a local kid in Clayton, GA. He couldn't play the banjo a bit. All that is cropped in. "

Not really cropped in. It's all done live in camera, without visual effects. I just watched this movie for the first time a few months ago, and there was a "making of" documentary on it. It's two people in that scene that combine to play that, and it's just the certain camera angle, so you can't quite see it. The hand doing the chords belongs to the guy who could really play, and he is lying behind the bench with his arm sticking out, playing the upper end. Then they did train the kid sitting on the bench enough to do the picking.

ktruelas | 2018年9月26日

I live in Southlake and we have a 3 being held but are waiting for my 17 year old daughter to decide where she is going to college before purchasing. She likes the University of Arkansas, but at this point if she goes there in August of 2019 we will have to buy a different car as there aren't sufficient superchargers to get there and drive around in Fayetteville.

tew ms us | 2018年9月27日

Mississippi has to be ahead of Arkansas in something :)

Earl and Nagin ... | 2018年9月27日

@ktruelas,
There is one J-1772 charger on the University of Arkansas campus and a city one nearby. Look at plugshare.com.
Superchargers aren't the only choice and a single Model 3 charge should last a college student most of a semester since, presumably, they'll be spending most of their time on campus. It may also be possible to get 120v outlets or chargers installed near residence halls if parents apply pressure.

Brentt | 2018年9月28日

I used the public one in Fayetteville last weekend. There are two of them, free to the public. During the week you have to pay .25 cents and hour to park. Charge rate is about 30mph.

92ethancampbell | 2019年5月8日

Nice work tesla.