Forums

atonomis driving,

atonomis driving,

My question we see all the time when driving on the highway. Your driving with the traffic and someone comes on your left or right side and all of the sudden with no turn signal, cuts in front of you. Does the car hit the brakes and while slowing down do the brake lights come on so vehicles behind can see you are braking?

onkyo050947 | 2017年2月19日

Tesla is light years ahead of the competition

Bighorn | 2017年2月19日

Brake lights are actuated by an accelerometer, so they would come on.

sbeggs | 2017年2月19日

Spellcheck!

KP in NPT | 2017年2月19日

What the....??

jefjes | 2017年2月19日

The brake light question made me think about my test drive in the Model S. The regen was so pronounced when lifting my foot off the accelerator the car almost felt as if it were braking. Does the brake lights actually come on by an accelerometer like Bighorn stated? I don't know of any ICE vehicles that light them this way as they are usually tied to a switch on the brake pedal. I hope he is right because of the tailgaters that would be totally unsuspecting the sudden deceleration without brake lights if not. Tesla leading the tech again...yay.

jordanrichard | 2017年2月20日

Yes, when the rate of deceleration cross a certain threshold, the brake lights come on.

TeslaTap.com | 2017年2月20日

To add to this - you can see when the brake lights come on in the center instrument panel looking at the image of your car. They come on under regen when slowing significantly. They also come on immediately when pressing the brake pedal. If you deaccelerate very slowly - like any car, the brake lights will not come on.

Red Sage ca us | 2017年2月20日

jefjes: Please note for future reference -- Bighorn is always right.

Bighorn | 2017年2月21日

@RS
I was gonna say... :)

andy.connor.e | 2017年2月21日

@Bighorn

The break lights are actuated by an accelerometer in addition to the break peddle?

Rocky_H | 2017年2月21日

@andy, He has already said that further upthread, and someone else has confirmed he is right. What more are you looking for?

jefjes | 2017年2月21日

@Red Sage ca us
That has been my experience seeing Bighorn's posts too. He does seem to always be right.

andy.connor.e | 2017年2月21日

@Rocky_H

A simplified confirmation. Thanks.

Bighorn | 2017年2月21日

@andy
Here you go--yes.

Rutrow | 2017年2月21日

Fire engines with Jake Brakes activate the brake lights as soon as the accelerator pedal is released, whether you touch the brake pedal or not.

mos6507 | 2017年2月22日

"The break lights are actuated by an accelerometer in addition to the break peddle?"

I hope that was a joke. The typing in this thread is a horror-show.

Bluesday Afternoon | 2017年2月22日

@mos6507

break or brake is a long time running joke on the Forum. But its partly due to autocorrect malfunctions and sometimes dew to horrific grammar use age. :)

Red Sage ca us | 2017年2月22日

Simply Red: +42! Precisely. Break. Peddle. Joke. Closed Captioned for the Humour Impaired.