Forums

Scheduled Preconditoning- Am I Missing Something?

Scheduled Preconditoning- Am I Missing Something?

A search of TMC and Model 3 Owners Club has shown no way to schedule preconditioning. Ford calls it "Go Times" on their app for Focus Electric, CMax and Fusion Energi. On the app or the car's main screen an owner can set a 7 day calendar of times for the car to be preconditioned. 2 times can be set per day. Temperatures are adjustable as are other options. I set a go time for when I leave home in the morning and afternoon. The Fusion Energi needs to be plugged in for effective preconditioning. It sets much like a programmable home thermostat. After 4 years of plug-in ownership. I am hooked on a comfortable car with maximum range at all times! It looks like Tesla has only manual preconditioning. Am I missing something? Auto preconditioning does not seem to do the same thing. This is a simple feature. I can't believe it is not available on a Tesla. Thoughts?

KP in NPT | 2017年3月15日

While I wouldn't use this, I believe there is speculation it is coming "soon" in a future update.

jordanrichard | 2017年3月15日

I can't believe that you actually think this isn't something that Tesla can add to the car. Can a Ford Fusion Energi get any new features via OTA updates?

Presently, the car's temperature is limited to 105 degs. Meaning, once the temp hits 105, the AC will come on. They have already said that with 8.1, we will be able to set the temperature parameters. Perhaps we will also be able to schedule the pre-conditioning. I agree that it would be nice to set the time, but I also know that the car is not a finished product unlike anything you buy from Ford or any other car company.

patrick.faragher | 2017年3月15日

I'm sure Tesla can do this. This is a very popular feature for Ford and Lincoln owners (2013 - 2017 CMax and Fusion Energi and 2016 and up Lincoln MKC and a few others) Those models are OTA upgradeable. My Model 3 is a pre-reveal order. Hopefully others will encourage Tesla to add this excellent feature.

JeffreyR | 2017年3月15日

I can see how setting a "be ready to leave at X time" feature would be useful. Especially if you are in an extreme climate where cold-soaked batteries or skin-searing seats would be nice to avoid. My Loft's parking structure is secure, but I am on the top, uncovered floor. I wish I could cool off my MB remotely nowadays.

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月15日

My current car (i3) has this feature and BMW promotes it heavily. However the truth is that if you drive more than a few miles the positive effect on range approaches non-existence. The increase in range comes from the fact that the battery's climate control (not yours) doesn't need to run for a few minutes after you drive away because the battery has already been brought up / down to its optimum temperature. But if you drive any distance it will have to come back on soon anyway so any benefit is minimal (maybe adds a mile or two of total range).

The best part about the feature is that _your_ climate control runs before your scheduled departure so you enter a car that's just the right temperature for _you_.

Carl

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月15日

Im surprised this is something thats even considered a matter of importance.

It is nice to get into a warm car or cool in the summer. If you've ever been in a cold climate getting into a cold car and waiting 10 minutes for it to warm up you would understand. Preconditioning is better for an Ev which should be plugged in anyway.

It is nice to get into a warm car or cool in the summer. If you've ever been in a cold climate getting into a cold car and waiting 10 minutes for it to warm up you would understand. Preconditioning is better for an Ev which should be plugged in anyway.

dsvick | 2017年3月15日

I want my Tesla to learn my schedule and know when to precondition itself without being prompted. I'd go so far as to have it check my calendar and anticipate things. Maybe send me a text about 10 minutes prior to when it knows I'd have to leave (since it already checked traffic and the route) and ask me if it should get itself ready.

Now that'd be cool!!

Frank99 | 2017年3月15日

I'd like to hook it to my computer at work - when I hit "shutdown", it'll be about 5 minutes before I've got it dropped in the bag and I'm out the door. That should be enough to drop the interior down to 120 or so, and maybe cool off the steering wheel so I don't leave skin stuck to it.

M3forMe | 2017年3月15日

This would be a cool feature. On a HOT day (<100F) in Sacramento, the car would be cool down to a comfortable 80F as I walk out....