Forums

So much for delivery parties...

So much for delivery parties...

The even better news is that deliveries will take 5 minutes!

https://electrek.co/2017/03/17/tesla-model-3-delivery-process-elon-musk/

M3München | 2017年3月17日

I am ok with this. I took delivery of a new Saturn in 1993 and it was agony waiting to get into the car and drive off.

dd.micsol | 2017年3月17日

Makes perfect sense. Need to move these refrigerators-we need to move these color EVs

SoFlaModel3 | 2017年3月17日

Yup!

Local Lexus dealer by me has an Ready Upon Arrival program and it goes over very well.

The whole long dragged out process is entirely unnecessary.

dsvick | 2017年3月17日

5 minutes is going to be an absolute best case scenario. I'd expect the average to be closer to 20 - 30 minutes, especially for people that are new to Tesla. There will always be people that didn't watch the videos, or that still have questions on something they didn't understand or that wasn't covered, and there will still be plenty of people out there that just need a bit more hand holding. Heck there will be some people out there that spend 20 minutes examining the car before accepting it.

SoFlaModel3 | 2017年3月17日

Well you have that right. I will spend most of the delivery time doing a thorough inspection of the paint, rims, and interior to ensure there is no damage.

When we took delivery of my dad's S, it would have been in and out but the car had surface scratches that had to be buffed out and we didn't want to leave without that getting done on the spot.

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月17日

dd.micsol:
"Makes perfect sense. Need to move these refrigerators-we need to move these color EVs"

Dire Straits?

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月17日

SoFlaModel3:
"Well you have that right. I will spend most of the delivery time doing a thorough inspection of the paint, rims, and interior to ensure there is no damage."

Good point. I will do the same.

Carl

jordanrichard | 2017年3月17日

This will work. When I took delivery of my MS, just about everything the DS started telling me, I already knew, from watching all of the videos on line.

If you think about it, the mechanics of driving a MS/MX are no different than any other car. There is a door, a steering wheel, brake pedal, accelerator and gear selector. Everything else can be learned before hand or afterwards.

I gather what Tesla will do, is make a video out of an owner's manual.

JeffreyR | 2017年3月17日

Hey don't get too negative "tu" fast:

"It should result in a better experience for new owners, but Musk said that Tesla also plans to build more dedicated delivery centers in metro areas with high demand for the Model 3. Those locations wouldn’t even necessarily offer service (maintenance and repairs), but they would instead focus on the delivery process and remove the task from local stores and service centers."

Dedicated Delivery Centers sound like a great place to have Delivery Parties!
https://forums.tesla.com/forum/forums/delivery-party-ideas

KP in NPT | 2017年3月17日

+1 Jeffrey! Or we can just bring our own party. ;-)

kaffine | 2017年3月19日

Sounds good to me. Quick walk around car looking for damage, sign and leave. By the time I take delivery of my car I am sure I would have read enough about it from others that got their car before me I will know the car as well as the sales people anyways.