Forums

key question asked and answered

key question asked and answered

Capital raise question asked before I put my money where my mouth is.

I was smart enough to ask "what's the build target rate of a mdl 3 production line and what is the slowest part of a production line for mdl 3 - how long does that step take?

"We need to make 130/cars per hr or about 45 cars per line per hr to meet demand.
Slowest part is getting the drive train on the production line.
with 3 prod lines this slowest part takes 70 seconds. We are hoping with new hardware we might be able to cut 30 seconds off that.
This is why I'll be sleeping by the mdl 3 production lines when we start each one. I start at step 4 then move to middle of the line then end of the line.
I'll be directly on top of any issue that arises."

Follow up question:
Any info on how to speed up that process that holds up getting the drive train on the prod line?
He went on talking about installing car undercarriage mounts like at a car wash to speed up this process.

Math:

1100 mdl 3 cars per day need to be made mon-fri
with 3 lines
370 cars per week per line
370/9 hrs
42 cars per hour per line.

completely doable at current production rates.

Investment: 500k us dollars.

dd.micsol | 2017年3月17日

Missed a step above going too fast.
370 cars per week per line
70 cars per day per line
or 10 per hr.

It's O 300-what's the O stand for - O MY God it's Early!
Good morning from Hawaii.

dd.micsol | 2017年3月17日

Should add-about 1/4 of the time building a car is wasted. Production line movement.

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月17日

If they can make a $35,000 car that lots of people want, new factories can always be made. First step is making sure there is demand.

Carl Thompson | 2017年3月17日

andy.connor.e:
"f they can make a $35,000 car that lots of people want, new factories can always be made. First step is making sure there is demand."

I think it's safe to say there's demand!

Carl

andy.connor.e | 2017年3月17日

If there is demand then the company will invest in that potential profit. Its just a matter of time. I'd say the step they took with the gigafactory is a good first approach. They are still alive today, and if the gigafactory is a success with M3 production, they cant possibly struggle selling more cars than ever.