Forums

Hawaii Delivery

Hawaii Delivery

Might be a silly question but in regards to delivery priority/order, is Hawaii considered West coast? I’m thinking because of the logistics Hawaii might be one of the last to receive deliveries in the US. Thoughts?

lilbean | 2017年7月10日

I don't think Hawai'i is considered west coast. It's not the mainland. I'm thinking it may be one of the last also.

Bluesday Afternoon | 2017年7月10日

It may depend on the number of 1st day reservations from Hawai'i (I admit to looking up the spelling rec). Tesla already ships the S/X models so wouldn't be difficult. Actually the harbor is near the factory. As usual, we know nothing. I hope you're not relegated to the end of USA/Canada shipments.

PhillyGal | 2017年7月10日

Not a silly question at all! I would guess that due to the potentially longer time in transit, it will be after the East Coast. But I could be very wrong.

joe.goines | 2017年7月12日

For me this is an important question because if Hawaii is one of the last locations scheduled for delivery I may have to cancel and look at other options.

andy.connor.e | 2017年7月12日

Hawaii is not part of the NA continent. There is no coast reference to Hawaii. Since cars will have to be shipped by sea, i would imagine that delivery will be roughly when Tesla starts shipping overseas. But i could be wrong.

JayInJapan | 2017年7月12日

I think the route is Fremont-->Yokohama-->Hawaii

johnse | 2017年7月14日

I don't think Hawaii will be lumped in with overseas. Shipping to other countries requires gaining certifications in those countries to be able to sell there, as well as changes to the vehicles as necessary. Even shipping to Canada requires certain changes--for one example, Canada requires daytime running lights.

I would think that shipping to Hawaii would come about the same time as shipping to the East Coast of the mainland. Scheduling train-car loads would be similar to scheduling shipping containers or space on automobile transport ships. But I'm not a logistics person by trade, so what do I know?

I hope you get your Model 3 in a time that works for you.

lilbean | 2017年7月14日

Good point. It all depends on how Tesla prioritizes it.

ReD eXiLe ms us | 2017年7月15日

A much smaller company I used to work for had one of their salesmen out of the San Francisco office cover Hawaii. It was considered part of the West Coast Territories. I think someone in the Oregon/Washington area covered Alaska. I wouldn't be surprised if the regional arrangement for Tesla is similar.

lilbean | 2017年7月15日

I see a good amount of Teslas in Hawai'i so it must not be a big deal to deliver to Hawai'i.

daverileyak | 2017年7月15日

Does anyone here know if there is a $5,000 (or other large number) delivery charge currently added on for Hawaii on the Models S and X? I have noted that this seems to be the case for CPO cars. Don't live there, but just curious.

daveireyak: I would be very surprised if that was the case for NEW cars. The Delivery Fee should be the same for all new cars, regardless of location in the United States of America. It might vary though for Territories, such as Guam and Puerto Rico.

daverileyak | 2017年7月15日

Thanks R...ms us I hope that's true. If so, I may have my second Model 3 delivered to me in Alaska, where I live 7 months of the year.

I saw a thread asking forum readers about the origin or meaning of their forum name. I've been curious about yours. Did you put a response in that thread, or would you share it here?

daverileyak: Yes, I posted in that thread just today. I am just some guy on the internet, formerly known here as 'Red Sage ca us' but I've moved to Mississippi for my parent's sake.

daverileyak | 2017年7月15日

Best wishes for your parents' welfare, sir. Email me sometime at gmail, Sage. The address is obvious.

wmiller126 | 2017年7月25日

Sorry, there is no way they will consider Hawaii part of the west coast. The main reason they are starting to release the cars out west is to fix early problems at the factory. Nice thought though.