Forums

If a baby is in the back seat in a rear facing car seat... is sunshine a problem due to the glass roof?

If a baby is in the back seat in a rear facing car seat... is sunshine a problem due to the glass roof?

Like the subject says, if my newborn baby is in the back seat in a rear facing car seat, would sunshine be a problem due to the glass roof? For anyone that has actually gotten to ride in a Model 3, or seen one in person, what is your opinion on this? I mean, I've even been concerned seeing what some of the Florida Model S owners with all glass roofs have said....

I see on the shop page that you can already purchase a sun shade for the front part of the all glass roof...

efrain.floresjr | 2017年8月3日

I'm sure they will sell some sort of sun shade. Your can already purchase other brands on Amazon. Plus some baby carriers come with them.

David N | 2017年8月3日

Thinking back, both reveals were in the evening, meaning no bright sun.
People use sunshades all the time on all different cars, I know most minivans now have pull up sun shades on the rear side windows.
Will Model 3 need one due to the overhead glass roof? depends on you.
Some like all shade, some like all sun, some like something in between.
Its all personal preference.
Probably won't have the answer for awhile yet. When reviews start coming in, I would think that would be discussed by the reviewers.

Rutrow | 2017年8月3日

I sat in a glass roofed MS and was disappointed at how heavily tinted the roof was. I was hoping for a convertible like feel from the glass roof, believing that alien technology coatings would achieve UV and IR reductions without blocking an appreciable amount of visible light. As it turns out, there are apparently no aliens working at Tesla. I guess that explains why transparent aluminum isn't a feature of the Model 3. Drat!

Tesla2018 | 2017年8月4日

Too bsd they can make it out of the material that sunglasses that adjust for light are made of. Get darker in full sun and lighter with no sun. The cost would probably be enormous. I know people who have used 3M Chrystaline clear window tint on the front windows of their cars even though it is illegal but FL has no state inspection so no one notices. It is made to reduce UV and radiated heat. Tesla probably uses something similar on the glass roof panel.