Forums

Founder Edition vs Base Rounder

Founder Edition vs Base Rounder

Does anyone know what the difference will be?

eric.zucker | 2018年9月4日

I could have plunked down the $250k. Standard version is $50k less, plus I get to invest the difference for 2 years. Assuming 15% returns over two years that’s $60k earned. In the end the standard Roadster is costing me about half the Founders price.

sschaem | 2018年9月13日

Here is the logic going against the founder edition just being a priority bonus.

What happen to the boys (and girls) that paid 250K in cash to Tesla and are number 990+ , compared to the first 10 guy in line that paid 200K for their roadster ?

Both will get delivery the same week... but some paid $50K more and didnt get to use their 200K capital for 18month+

Tesla does have die hard fans. But "founder edition" without perks doesn't compute for the 900+ reservation crowd.

Maybe we get a priority boarding on the BFR ?

fuvubamomi | 2018年12月2日

edit your post and change it to Roadster...

Get Happy New Year Wishes here https://bit.ly/2SwcjnB

steven | 2018年12月25日

@sschaem: Founder's will be full option and Elon already confirmed that it will beat the base version specs. SO you pay more for a better/faster/quicker car. If that's a reason you are looking to buy a Roadster, then it's a good deal probably. Maybe the SpaceX option package will be limited to the Founder's Series. Nobody knows at this moment.
But you have to be willing to part with $250k for several years before seeing your car...

martin | 2019年1月13日

Is there still no detailed info on what the founders series has that the base model roadster doesn’t?

3dgotcha | 2020年1月26日

I think this forum is a great tool for communicating with others that have an interest in the Tesla Roadster and the Tesla "Founders Series" Roadster. Those of us that have made the investment for either model have the opportunity to hear from others that have questions about when, what options, etc.. Unfortunately, any input from the manufacturer doesn't exist. As I have stated before, "no, thank you, no communication. Quite worrisome if you
plunked down $250,000!

Jinnymobile | 2020年1月28日

I agree mystery is not good in this case. I wonder if they have their limit of Founders yet. I suspect once the details come out, there will be a flurry of those to fill up the numbers.

Jinnymobile | 2020年1月28日

I agree mystery is not good in this case. I wonder if they have their limit of Founders yet. I suspect once the details come out, there will be a flurry of those to fill up the numbers.

Jinnymobile | 2020年1月28日

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

Ordered founders Roadster, based on Tesla has leapfrogged with each new vehicle, and I expect the trend to continue.
Further thinking on tsla, crap I can't paste

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

[03-10, 5:57 a.m.] Jack: https://www.investing.com/analysis/is-tesla-stock-deep-in-bear-territory...

Worth downloading investing.com
Advice like this, close to my thinking at this point in time
[03-10, 5:57 a.m.] Jack: Since tsla has more real time driving data than the rest of the world put together, they could sell access to VW, etc for self driving, and maybe even their self driving hw3 computers

Tons of potential non of the other car companies have.
If one car company licensed with tsla, the ones that don't will be left in the dust.
[03-10, 5:57 a.m.] Jack: One thing he missed is the tsla Apr battery event, if really good may sent up again

Best news a battery technology increasing storage per pound by 25%, would be kickass

Then saying they have an licence royalty agreement with VW or Toyota and open to all battery manufacturers that would be triple kickass

Letting VW make batteries with tsla tech at say ten cents a kw, is making money for doing nothing and I think very important let VW do what it does best make cars instead of research to make a better battery than tsla

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

No idea what a kw license is worth so if 10 cents sounds silly please excuse it

Above post pasted bottom 3 items that should be at the top

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

Repost of above as it should be

https://www.investing.com/analysis/is-tesla-stock-deep-in-bear-territory...

One thing he missed is the tsla Apr battery event, if really good may sent up again

Best news a battery technology increasing storage per pound by 25%, would be kickass

Then saying they have an licence royalty agreement with VW or Toyota and open to all battery manufacturers that would be triple kickass

Letting VW make batteries with tsla tech at say ten cents a kw, is making money for doing nothing and I think very important let VW do what it does best make cars instead of research to make a better battery than tsla

Since tsla has more real time driving data than the rest of the world put together, they could sell access to VW, etc for self driving, and maybe even their self driving hw3 computers

If one car company licensed with tsla, the ones that don't will be left in the dust.

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

Repost of above as it should be

https://www.investing.com/analysis/is-tesla-stock-deep-in-bear-territory...

One thing he missed is the tsla Apr battery event, if really good may sent up again

Since tsla has more real time driving data than the rest of the world put together, they could sell access to VW, etc for self driving, and maybe even their self driving hw3 computers

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

Sorry for the mess up, first time using this site

j2boychuk | 2020年3月10日

No idea what a kw license is worth so if 10 cents sounds silly please excuse it

Above post pasted bottom 3 items that should be at the top

peter_roberts | 2020年4月16日

share price only gone one way since that . trading 767 in after hours now . im long quite a bit of tesla and MS owner

Glenn Quagmire | 2020年5月13日

Anyone know where to find out how many Founder's reservations have been made? It appears that reservations for it can still be made on the site. I'm trying to decide whether to pull the trigger on the Founder's Series or regular Roadster...

danothe1 | 2020年6月28日

To everyone who has put down $50,000 or in the case of the founders series $250,000,long ago, doesn't it only seems fair that they build the roadster before the pickup truck? I also put down $100 on the pickup, big deal HUH ?

Pages